Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to correctly use Hardware Acceleration with an ASROCK ION3D 152B (4gb) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to correctly use Hardware Acceleration with an ASROCK ION3D 152B (4gb) ?

Hi

Just got this model as new HTPC in my room.
    Installed Windows 8 (x64), updated all drivers i could find (specifically nvidia drivers) and ran some tests.

Using video readers like VLC, MPC-HP or XMBC (Frodo), i can read classic "divx" and some HD films. The CPU use is very intensive, but this is expected for those.
    I now have some other HD FIlms, in higher definitions (1080p).

Without hardware acceleration, video playback is choppy for those films. CPU use is very intensive.
    With hardware acceleration enabled, CPU use is normal (25/30%), but the video is VERY VERY CHOPPY.
    I'm not very well used with all those encoders/decoder settings, i tried many many forum tweaks to see if something got better, but nothing does. Installed a lot of decoders, by the way :(
    It's not any better using any of the tools i mentioned at the beginning.

I can't find anything useful on your site, so i tried this forum.
    Can anyone help ?
    Thanks.

Download K-Lite Codec Pack on setup choose Custom and the option "LAV for everything" when it ask you which decoder you wanna use choose "Nvidia CUVID".Now for player i use BSPlayer The media player, movie player, YouTube player, video player, AVCHD player, divx player, free player - BS.Player.com using mode "Internal Renderer direct draw surface"
    Try to see if that works for you hope it helps:)

Comment

Re: How to correctly use Hardware Acceleration with an ASROCK ION3D 152B (4gb) ?

Originally posted by Akis View Post
      Download K-Lite Codec Pack on setup choose Custom and the option "LAV for everything" when it ask you which decoder you wanna use choose "Nvidia CUVID".Now for player i use BSPlayer The media player, movie player, YouTube player, video player, AVCHD player, divx player, free player - BS.Player.com using mode "Internal Renderer direct draw surface"
      Try to see if that works for you hope it helps:)
      Hi thanks for your response
      Tried that carefully, but it works not better. I notice that nothing seems to be delgated to the GPU, my CPU is still at 100%.
      Do I need to setup something on my NVidia settings ?

Comment

Re: How to correctly use Hardware Acceleration with an ASROCK ION3D 152B (4gb) ?

Originally posted by sacker View Post
        Hi thanks for your response
        Tried that carefully, but it works not better. I notice that nothing seems to be delgated to the GPU, my CPU is still at 100%.
        Do I need to setup something on my NVidia settings ?
        Not really no.
        If you right click on screen--->Options-->Filters-->should say LAV Video Decoder click on that on top of the tab it says Hardware acceleration which decoder is active?Play with that setting.

Comment

It says NVidia CUVID

I got better rate now.
          My gpu is working (gpu-z) at 15%, and my processor only around 70/75, some peaks at 90.
          I change to EVR, and in LAV Filter, switched to "25fps (mode film)"
          I guess i can still improve many things, and i'm still not understanding, but at least i'm not anymore annoyed having buyed something that didnt do what i needed it for :)

Thank you ;)

Comment

You welcome sir.
            Im sure youll figure it out.CPU will spike from time to time doin background tasks.You can also try different active decoders just need to stop video close player and start again.

Comment

I'm looking into reducing the audio decoder CPU use :)
              How much cpu du you have offloaded to your GPU ? Is 15% a value that indicates that my gpu is correctly used by the LAV decoder ?

Comment

Mine is a lil bit complicated im using intel quicksync my main graphic card is the onboard Intel HD4000.

Click image for larger version

Name:	intelquicksync.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	753669
                Last edited by Akis; 05-16-2013, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X