Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H77 automatic restart after power outage

Hello,

Most motherboards I've dealt with have a BIOS setting that allows them to automatically power back up after a power outage, but I can't seem to locate this setting in the BIOS for the H77M. If it for some reason doesn't have such a setting I'll be forced to modify the power supply itself so it will always be on whenever AC is present, but I would prefer not to implement such a kluge.

Thanks,
    Ray

Re: H77 automatic restart after power outage

You could buy a UPS. I have a 750w UPS that should keep things going for an outage of up to a half hour in addition it is connected via USB so it will shutdown the computer before it runs out of power.
    Mobo: ASrock Z77 Exteme4
    CPU: i5-3570K 4.2G
    CPU Heatsink : Hyper 212 EVO
    RAM: Ripjaw F3-12800CL9-4GBRL 2x4GB
    GFX: MSI GTX650
    PSU: Lepa 500W
    SSD: PNY XLR8 240GB (C:)
    SSD: OCZ Agiliity 3 240GB (refurb)
    Storage: Seagate 7200.12 1TB
    Storage: Seagate 7200.12 500GB

Comment

Originally posted by renegade44 View Post
      You could buy a UPS. I have a 750w UPS that should keep things going for an outage of up to a half hour in addition it is connected via USB so it will shutdown the computer before it runs out of power.
      Thank you for your suggestion and yes, I could use a UPS. However, keeping the system running when power fails is not my concern and a hard crash is perfectly fine. My only concern is that when power returns the system automatically attempt start back up. Obviously if the hard crash messes up something the automatic restart is a moot point, but I still want it to at least attempt to restart.

Comment

There should be a Restore on AC/Power Loss under South Bridge Configuration?

Comment

Originally posted by therube View Post
          There should be a Restore on AC/Power Loss under South Bridge Configuration?
          Excellent! That's exactly what I was looking for and it appears to work as expected. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X