Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 status and all LEDs died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 status and all LEDs died

My system randomly shut down, after which I could not boot it again. No lights, no fans, nothing. I unplugged the power, replugged it and system booted, posted without a problem, except now all status and other lights (except LAN) do not work. The system power led and hdd led also don't work anymore. System reboots and posts perfectly, except for the leds.

Any idea what this could be and should I RMA?
    I can't have the board die on me in next month, so should I worry about the issue?
    Board is 5 months old.

No overclocks currently on system.

Re: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 status and all LEDs died

Very strange, and difficult to say what is wrong. Does the Dr. Debug display on the board still work?

The sudden shutdown of the PC might be related to the power supply, or possibly an AC power surge. That may have damaged the LEDs, or the power source to the LEDs.

There is a BIOS setting for turning off LEDs, called Good Night LED, in the South Bridge Configuration menu. Check that setting.

Otherwise, you could try clearing the CMOS/BIOS, after saving your settings in a profile (OC Tweaker Screen) so you can restore them easily.

You can't fix the LEDs otherwise, and if the power and HDD LEDs on your case were damaged, replacing the board won't fix them.

If you have another power supply, you could try that. Otherwise, an RMA is all that is left.

Comment

Working...
    X