Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASROCK A75 Extreme6: Help understanding various (interior) CMOS and button functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK A75 Extreme6: Help understanding various (interior) CMOS and button functions

Hey guys, for the first time in a year I got my Asrock A75 Extreme6CMOS pins(interior) power button

Re: ASROCK A75 Extreme6: Help understanding various (interior) CMOS and button functions

Originally posted by semicodin View Post
    Hey guys, for the first time in a year I got my Asrock A75 Extreme6CMOS pins
    You mean the three pin, CMOS/BIOS jumper for clearing the CMOS, correct?

The normal operating position of the jumper on those pins is on pins one and two. If the jumper is not on pins one and two, and the PC is started, the results will be random. It may not start, or not boot, or start in some strange undefined mode. Operating the PC without the jumper on pins one and two is just plain wrong.

Moving the jumper with the PC on, or the power supply plugged into AC power with its switch on, may damage the board at worst, or cause weird results at best.

Putting the jumper on pins two and three, with the PC off and power supply unplugged from AC power, will clear the BIOS settings, and cause default values to be used. The PC should not be operated with the jumper in this position.

Removing the jumper from that header will cause random results if the PC is started. All boards may react differently to this. This is also not a normal way to run the board.

Originally posted by semicodin View Post
    Next, could you explain why the (interior) power button
    The behavior of the on-board power switch's LED may be unique to your board, there is no standard for the LED's operation. My (different) ASRock board's on board power switch LED works like this:

PC shut down, but connected to AC power, the LED is on.

PC is started and in the POST process, the LED is on.

If I enter the BIOS, the LED is on.

When the POST process is complete, or I exit the BIOS and the board beeps once signaling POST completed, the LED turns off.

When the PC is on and booted into Windows, the LED is off.

If the PC is in Windows Sleep mode, the LED is on. Upon waking from Sleep, the LED is off.

Comment

Re: ASROCK A75 Extreme6: Help understanding various (interior) CMOS and button functions

Hey parsec, thank you so much for this detail. If I run into any problems I'll report back. Wish me luck . . .

semicodin

Comment

Working...
      X