Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK Z77 Fatal1ty Professional - M stuck in Post

Hi,

i bought and assembled a new PC for my brother and we decided to buy a ASROCK Z77 Fatal1ty Professional - M.
    After everything was assembled i tried booting the Maschine but after a few Seconds the System dies and it can't be powered back on, unless you flip the psu powerswitch, wait until everything is powerless and flip the powerswitch back to on.
    The Last code displayed on the Doctor Debug Panel is 0x9A which according to manual is the start of the USB Test.

I'am using :

CPU : Intel Core I5 3470 @ 3.2 Ghz
    RAM : G.Skill Ares F3-1600C9D-16GAR @ 16 GB (2x8) in A2 and B2
    GPU : EVGA Geforce GTX 660 FTW2
    PSU : BeQiet Pure Power L8 500W

I have apsolutely no clue why this happens, please help.
    Last edited by Vendare; 08-27-2013, 08:58 AM.

Re: ASROCK Z77 Fatal1ty Professional - M stuck in Post

Sounds like its getting hot. what cpu cooler are you using? what thermal paste?

Comment

The CPU is cooled by a "BeQuiet Shadowrock Pro SR1", we used the thermal paste supplied with the cooler.

Edit: I reapplied thermal paste but the problem isn't solved. The board still dies at the same point
      Last edited by Vendare; 08-27-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

What USB devices are you using? No doubt keyboard and mouse, either wired or wireless, but anything else at this point?

Do you have any PC case USB header cables connected to the board? Could be a problem with the cable(s), maybe pinched and possibly shorted somewhere, or a flaw in the case's USB port circuit board. Unplug any USB cables for the case's USB ports for a test, and see if you can boot.

The need to power cycle the PSU before you can start the PC again tends to indicate the PSU shut itself off due to an electrical problem. Turning it off and on again resets the PSU after a protection feature was triggered.

Comment

Tried starting it without any connected usb devices, unplugged all of the Cases USB Connectors but it still dies at the same point. Either the board or the psu is damaged in someway.

Comment

Working...
          X