AsRock H61DEL (Rev.B3) with Intel Pentium G2120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock H61DEL (Rev.B3) with Intel Pentium G2120

Hi. AsRock site shows that AsRock H61DEL supports Pentium G2120 from BIOS 1.70. Will I be able to boot system for first time to flash BIOS using G2120, or I should use other compatible CPU, update BIOS and then install G2120?

Re: AsRock H61DEL (Rev.B3) with Intel Pentium G2120

Originally posted by Zelfit View Post
    Hi. AsRock site shows that AsRock H61DEL supports Pentium G2120 from BIOS 1.70. Will I be able to boot system for first time to flash BIOS using G2120, or I should use other compatible CPU, update BIOS and then install G2120?
    ASRock states you must use a Sandy Bridge CPU to perform the 1.70 BIOS update that will make your board compatible with an Ivy Bridge architecture CPU like the G2120. So yes you must use a compatible CPU to perform the BIOS update. You can only use the Instant Flash method to update to this version of the BIOS.

Please read the following guide about updating your board to allow the use of an Ivy Bridge CPU:

http://asrock.com/support/QA/TSDQA-92.pdf

Also it is critically important that you perform the BIOS update correctly, otherwise it will not be right. Doing it right is really quite simple as long as you do one simple thing:

When the BIOS update program asks you to reboot the PC, DO NOT REMOVE the USB flash drive you will be using to perform the BIOS update until Windows completely boots up to the Desktop!

Part of the BIOS update is also performing an update to the boards IME firmware. That does not happen until the PC reboots, really during the board's POST process. Users that removed the USB flash drive before the PC rebooted report issues with their PC afterwards, since the IME firmware is not updated.

The ASRock guide lists the board's software that must be updated after this special BIOS update, which you should do after you install your G2120 CPU.

Comment

Working...
    X