Error Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Code

last night i decided to flash my bios and my computer froze in the middle of the update and i was forced to turn it off when i turn my computer back on i got 14 error beeps what do they mean? and can i put the ROM bios flash on a Fat32 flashdrive and flash it without being able to boot into bios or OS any advice would be helpful as i dont have much money and cant really afford another computer mobo or a bios chip

Re: Error Code

Originally posted by Th3L00nYm00N View Post
    last night i decided to flash my bios and my computer froze in the middle of the update and i was forced to turn it off when i turn my computer back on i got 14 error beeps what do they mean? and can i put the ROM bios flash on a Fat32 flashdrive and flash it without being able to boot into bios or OS any advice would be helpful as i dont have much money and cant really afford another computer mobo or a bios chip
    We can't possibly help you if we don't know what mother board you have, and saying it is an ASRock board is not enough.

Every ASRock board has different BIOS updating options, and some BIOS versions only have one or two methods you can use, out of as many as four methods.

Comment

970 extreme 3

Comment

Originally posted by Th3L00nYm00N View Post
        There isn't a 14 beep code for the AMI BIOS that your 970 Ex 3 board has. The 13 beep "Boot Block Beep Code" is "BIOS ROM image mismatch (file layout does not match image present in flash device)". In other words, a corrupted BIOS file, which fits your situation.

If you can't get into the BIOS, or the board does not begin to POST, you can't use Instant Flash. I assume you are seeing nothing on the screen?

If you're very lucky, you can put the Instant Flash BIOS file on a USB flash drive, put the flash drive in a USB 2.0 port on the board's I/O panel, and start the PC. Some ASRock boards have a BIOS recovery feature that will read the BIOS file on a USB flash drive when the BIOS is corrupted, but does your board have that feature? Who knows?
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X