Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon II X3 455 on N68-S Motherboard

Hi'

I am planning to upgrade my current CPU, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400, to a Athlon II X3 455 3.3 GHz(ADX455WFK32GM), with help from a friend, he's giving me a very good deal. But i have checked the website of my motherboard N68-S, and this model, doesn't seem to be supported, but when i look at, the ones that are supported i see the very same, type of processor, namely the Athlon II x3 445(ADX445WFK32GM), which has the same TDP, and the same revision, but only the frequency is smaller(3.1GHz), and i don't see why it wouldn't work, i mean, is not like, it's not listed because it came out very late, because i even saw listed as working on the latest bios P2.10 the Phenom II X4 840, which came out later in Jan 4, 2011, than Athlon II X3 455 which came out in Dec 7, 2010, according to CPU WORLD. And here are my questions: 1. Can this processor work in my motherboard?; 2. Is it the case where they, maybe forgot to add this processor to the list?; 3. And if it's the case that is not working, why is that?(i expect a logical explanation). I would really appreciate your help! Thanks!

Link to motherboard: ASRock > N68-S
    Link to CPU WORLD for introduction date comparison: Phenom II X4 840 - AMD Phenom II X4 840 - HDX840WFK42GM / HDX840WFGMBOX
    Athlon II X3 455 - AMD Athlon II X3 455 - ADX455WFK32GM / ADX455WFGMBOX

Re: Athlon II X3 455 on N68-S Motherboard

For this I would suggest you contact one of the below ASRock contacts and inquire.

Support Website: ASRock Support Request Form

Or PM TweakTown's ASRock Rep, ASRock TSD - Emily
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
    X