Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asrock H87M pro 4- XFast Lan installation problem

Hello,

XFast Lan was bundled with my motherboard. I uninstalled it on my Windows 8.1 system and am attempting to reinstall but cannot due to an error 32 message. The folders and files are still in the directory and cannot be deleted as the message says that the files are being used by another process.
    any suggestions on how to remedy would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: asrock H87M pro 4- XFast Lan installation problem

Seems like it did not uninstall.

Since you're using Windows 8, start Task Manager, and select the Startup tab. You will hopefully find an entry for XFastLAN. Highlight the entry and click the Disable button. Then restart the PC.

You can also use Task Manager to check if XFastLAN is still running by checking the background processes.

You are getting an error trying to install Windows because the XFastLAN process is running??

Comment

Try a reboot and see if the files are locked afterwards.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I actually managed to fully uninstall Xfast lan by stopping cfosspeed in the device manager. Reinstallation was successful but now when I try to go to Xfast Lans traffic analysis page I get an error message from cfosspeed.config saying that in order to use...cfos speed must be running and to check the installation.

Comment

Working...
        X