FM2A88X Killer+ questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM2A88X Killer+ questions

Here's the thing. I installed 2 of the same chassis fans (3pin). The back fan went into CHAFAN_3 and the bottom fan went into CHAFAN_2.

In BIOS, for CHAFAN_1 and CHAFAN_3 there are options like "quiet/standard/performance and 1 more I believe") but for CHAFAN_2 there are only "level 1-9".

So my problem is that CHAFAN_3 runs slower at "Standard" option than CHAFAN_2 runs at Level 1 (10% power). FAN-Tastic Tuning program is showing that Level 1 (10% power) for CHAFAN_2 is 928 RPM which is quite high and too loud for me.

For CHAFAN_3 FAN-Tastic shows that @ 20% power it runs 782 RPM. "System info" tab also shows Fan3 running consistently slower than CHAFAN_2.

I want CHAFAN_2 also to be ideally same speed or adjust it manually lower than 928 RPM that is currently the minimum for me. is it possible?

Re: FM2A88X Killer+ questions

When you said the two fans are the same, are they really the same size and identical model of fan? If they are fans from two different companies, then you can't compare them, all fans are different in their speed and need for power to spin at a certain speed.

There is no way to change the speed of the fan besides the ten levels. You could get a fan speed reducing adapter that will slow the chassis 2 fan down, but it will never run at its full speed with the adapter.

Comment

Re: FM2A88X Killer+ questions

Yes two identical corsair af120 led fans. Ok then, another issue I have.

When I plug my headphones into front panel, the sound is very distorted like it has some kind of "concert" effect on it or something. Like sound is coming from far away. For movies it is barely audible. The back audio output works fine. Is it because of the motherboard or is my case's HD audio cable faulty?

edit: now the headphones are not even recognized when I plug them into from audio jack and no audio is coming out.
      Last edited by pidgin; 01-30-2014, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X