Ep2c602-2t/d16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep2c602-2t/d16

Just built a server with EP2C602-2T/D16 and everything worked well. Had it on for an hour (did Windows Server 2012 install) and did several reboots during that time. After that I shut it down via Win 2012 shutdown. Now it won't turn back on.

When power is supplied to board the LAN light blinks, and 2 led's on the board itself are green. After 20 seconds or so the green led closest to the 24-pin PSU connector starts to continuously blink. Aside from that there is nothing else - no digits on post indicator on the mb, no fans spin up, etc.

PSU tested and is fine.

Any ideas? I have a hard time believing the MB fried, but anything is possible I suppose.

Thanks!

Re: Ep2c602-2t/d16

What processors are you using in this board?

No hardware details to work with, such as PSU, etc...

You won't see anything on the Debug display unless the board starts. Some power is getting to the board if the LAN LEDs work, but I don't know what the flashing power LED means, I can't get the manual to download.

Comment

If you see the LED by the BMC AST2300 chipset flashing while the power cable is connected, it indicates there is a power throughput and the BMC is readily operational. Once the BMC LED started flashing, you may connect to it through IPMI and see the status of the board (limited info if not powered on) as well as toggle on/off the board through Remote Power Control. From there, it may give you a little more leeway to bypass the front power button to turn on the system, in case the System Panel Header is not connected with the proper cables.

Click image for larger version

Name:	System Panel Header.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	754131

Bill
      US ASRock TSD

Comment

Originally posted by roverradio View Post
        Just built a server with EP2C602-2T/D16 and everything worked well. Had it on for an hour (did Windows Server 2012 install) and did several reboots during that time. After that I shut it down via Win 2012 shutdown. Now it won't turn back on.

When power is supplied to board the LAN light blinks, and 2 led's on the board itself are green. After 20 seconds or so the green led closest to the 24-pin PSU connector starts to continuously blink. Aside from that there is nothing else - no digits on post indicator on the mb, no fans spin up, etc.

PSU tested and is fine.

Any ideas? I have a hard time believing the MB fried, but anything is possible I suppose.

Thanks!
        Just built up four systems based on the EP2C602 (plain no suffix). And had a similar sounding issue. Several hours of (awesome) support from William and we really couldn't find a reason.
        Four identical systems specs:
        2 cpu (2680 v2)
        4x kingston ram (in slots a,b,e,f)
        1 samsung ssd (128GB), CD/DVD
        Rosewill 750 psu RX750-S-B
        On each cpu Noctua heatsinks NH-U9DX i4
        Case is Enthoo Pro by Phanteks

Symptoms:
        After installing windows and updating, approx an hour of run-time one system blinked out while searching for more Win7 updates. Power supply spun up very briefly twice on hitting power then nothing at all. Systems 2 and 3 just wouldn't power back on after a weekend away (case closed, not attached to power, attached to lan).
        BMC and Power LEDs were green on all boards. No amount of plug/unplug, psu switch, pwr button, or shorting power pins together would turn on the system.

Tried:
        Checked for extra standoff underneath boards
        Tore all parts down to bare minimum, no case headers, no HD/DVD, just one Ram, one cpu in primary slot.
        Finally plugged in BMC LAN and checked the diagnostics there. All power showed correct and system showed as turned off.

Fix:
        Used BMC to "turn on" and the system powered. Just like that..
        I added the components and headers back in one-at-a-time. No further issues.

After trying everything I could think of I believe the issue was some sort of brown-out was sending the psu or motherboard into a protected or unknown state. I had two of these systems on the same power strip along with various sundries and found that on the other side of the wall there was two other heavy system on the same wire.. The only think I can think is that those other systems got put under load while I had two of my systems running. I never had the problem happen with only one system on the table. E.G. I had no problem with the first system which I completely assembled alone, after that point I always had two systems at once. It's a theory.. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had similar issues.

Comment

Working...
        X