No announcement yet.

Asrock B85M Pro4 USB keep light ON !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock B85M Pro4 USB keep light ON !!!

Hi. I have read through whatever information available on web but it is not helpful to my condition.

I have a USB wireless adapter, speaker and USB hub connecting to my PC. Once I switched on my PSU, these USB devices automatically light on. In addition, they still light on after I shut down my PC. I have uninstalled App Charger but it doesn't help. What should I do to disable this function? The light is annoying at light! I do not need this function to charge my mobile devices.

Thank you.

Re: Asrock B85M Pro4 USB keep light ON !!!

I would try these in the order listed as I'm not aware of your specific needs/wants there. Deep Sleep is the one that may possibly interfere with your system/software/peripherals the most.

BIOS > Advanced > Chipset Configuration - Change "On/Off Play" to Disabled

If that fails to mute the lighting, then try

BIOS > Advanced > Chipset Configuration - Change "Deep Sleep" to Enabled

Source: Question (Q&A-90|302): After I shut down the system, my USB keyboard and mouse are still light on. How could I turn them off?(12/1/2011)
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: Asrock B85M Pro4 USB keep light ON !!!

You may be stuck with the LEDs being on. The board has power from the PSU after a Windows shutdown, which is supplied to USB ports for certain purposes, related to the following.

Besides what wardog suggested (all good), in the BIOS, probably ACPI, find the options, USB Keyboard/Remote Power On and USB Mouse Power On, disable those, it might help.

If your board has the Good Night LED option in the BIOS, setting that to Enabled (double check this) is meant to turn off LEDs so lights won't bother you.

wardog, can't PM you as of 2/13, 10:30AM CST.

Comment

Working...
      X