Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ (New PC Build) No video, gives 3 beeps then pause and repeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ (New PC Build) No video, gives 3 beeps then pause and repeat

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm building a new pc and in need of help. Also i will say i'm not good at explaning stuff so I will try my best. I build all my pc's. I don't build one but every 4 years or so though. I will list all components of my new system below. The problem i'm having is the PC starts up with everything running (all fans, both gpu's, hdd,dvd burner,cpu fan and pump, shows power led) then beeps 3 (sort of long beeps) then pauses and repeats. I have had it not give any beeps at all after switching it off and then restarting but most of the times it does give the beeps. I have no video on the monitor (which I know works) and i also know both of the gpu's work. I'm using the monitor and both gpu's right now on my old system. I have tried numerous things that I've read on other forums...such as...trying 1 gpu at a time, I have 2x 4gb ram so I have tried 1 stick at a time..tried them both 1 at a time in each bank to see if its an issue on the mb and even clearing the cmos. Nothing works. I took all memory out and started the pc up and I get the same exact 3 beeps then pause and repeat. I have reseated the cpu, made sure the gpu's and memory are seated properly also. I'm using the Corsair Hydro H60 so i took it off, pulled the cpu out, reseated it and put the stock cooler on and still the same result. I have the 24 pin and 8 pin power connectors plugged in correctly. I've checked everything i've read about and can think of. I've read the 3 beeps is usually a memory issue??? I'm using

Re: ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ (New PC Build) No video, gives 3 beeps then pause and repeat

Odds are if you're getting three beeps both with memory and without memory your memory is either defective or incompatible.

Did you see the Crucial Tech reply to Carlos V's Review on NewEgg, dated Dec 7 2013? And speaking of NewEgg reviews, there seem to have been a lot of DOA's on this set too.

Manufacturer Response:

Hello,

We're sorry to hear we caused any issues with the AMD platform. There was a specific batch of much older material that was susceptible to sensitivity with some AMD platforms and it might be possible you have the old batch. All of the current product at our partners sites is new material and fine. The best thing to do is call our support at 1-800-336-8896 and they can confirm what you have and replace with new material. We fully stand behind all our products and offer a limited lifetime warranty on DRAM so we're always here to help.

Regards,
    Crucial
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ (New PC Build) No video, gives 3 beeps then pause and repeat

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Odds are if you're getting three beeps both with memory and without memory your memory is either defective or incompatible.

Did you see the Crucial Tech reply to Carlos V's Review on NewEgg, dated Dec 7 2013? And speaking of NewEgg reviews, there seem to have been a lot of DOA's on this set too.

That's what i was thinking but I wanted to be sure before buying more memory. I didn't see the reviews or the reply by Crucial until last night when I was researching answers to why my new pc wouldn't work. I appreciate your help very much. I'm going to look into buying some compatible memory. I will post back once the problem is solved and the pc is running. Thanks so much

Comment

Not that I work for this company or anything like it:

G.SKILL - RAM Configurator > ASRock 990FX Killer > Compatible Memory Kits
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          Not that I work for this company or anything like it:

G.SKILL - RAM Configurator > ASRock 990FX Killer > Compatible Memory Kits

Ok great..thank you very much!! I'm definitely buying the compatible G Skill memory :)

Comment

Well, as the official memory Grinch of the ASRock TTown forum, I bring tidings of no joy...

Sorry to say, the Crucial BLS2K4G3D169DS3 memory is not in this board's memory support list. Also, not even one of the models that G.SKILL lists as compatible with this board can be found on the ASR memory support list.

There are several G.SKILL models in the list, BHZ, BNQ, BPI, BPK, BPS, BRM, BTD, ECO, and a couple more.

Memory that is not in the list might work with the board, but has simply not been tested by ASR. You should be able to trust G.SKILL's recommendations.

I really hate memory compatibility, I really do...

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
              Well, as the official memory Grinch of the ASRock TTown forum, I bring tidings of no joy...

Sorry to say, the Crucial BLS2K4G3D169DS3 memory is not in this board's memory support list. Also, not even one of the models that G.SKILL lists as compatible with this board can be found on the ASR memory support list.

There are several G.SKILL models in the list, BHZ, BNQ, BPI, BPK, BPS, BRM, BTD, ECO, and a couple more.

Memory that is not in the list might work with the board, but has simply not been tested by ASR. You should be able to trust G.SKILL's recommendations.

I really hate memory compatibility, I really do...

Hi Parsec, thank you for your reply and help!! I used the memory configuration on G Skills website and the memory compatibility chart on the actual ASRock Fatal1ty motherboard page to find the right memory. I am looking to buy these for now G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ - Newegg.com . And i completely agree with you I hate memory compatibility also!!

Comment

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you an update...I ordered the gskill sniper 8gb F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR memory and my new beast is roaring away!! I'm one happy guy that the only problem was the incompatible memory!! Thanks you so much for your help!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkridor74 View Post
                  Hey guys, I just wanted to give you an update...
                  That's good to hear

Comment

Working...
                  X