Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility 0.1.56 fan control does not work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility 0.1.56 fan control does not work!

Hi, new here. I have an H61M-U3S3 motherboard, the chassis and CPU fan connections are proper and tight, fans work just fine. However, the AXTU does not control the fans either with temp or speed settings. The speed is indicated, but the control feature does not actually control the fans operation. Anyone know why this is the case? Getting very tired of the chassis fan running 24/7.

Thanks,
    John
    newbie....

Re: ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility 0.1.56 fan control does not work!

This may sound like a stupid question but you do have your fans plugged into the chassis fan plug ins on the motherboard instead of the standard 4 pin molex power cables?

Originally posted by John Lawrence View Post
    Hi, new here. I have an H61M-U3S3 motherboard, the chassis and CPU fan connections are proper and tight, fans work just fine. However, the AXTU does not control the fans either with temp or speed settings. The speed is indicated, but the control feature does not actually control the fans operation. Anyone know why this is the case? Getting very tired of the chassis fan running 24/7.

Thanks,
    John
    newbie....

Comment

No stupid questions, I'm a newbie :-) I did double check those connections before posting this request for help. I only have too fan's connected; the 3 wire Chassis fan to the 4 pin "CHA-FAN1" connector on the MB, and the CPU fan connected to the the "CPU-FAN" connector. Both fans are connected properly (GND wire to GND pin on MB). The only other MB fan connector is labeled "PWR-FAN" which I don't have anything plugged into it.

Thanks,
      John

Originally posted by tplat View Post
      This may sound like a stupid question but you do have your fans plugged into the chassis fan plug ins on the motherboard instead of the standard 4 pin molex power cables?

Comment

No stupid questions, I'm a newbie :-) I did double check those connections before posting this request for help. I only have too fan's connected; the 3 wire Chassis fan to the 4 pin "CHA-FAN1" connector on the MB, and the CPU fan connected to the the "CPU-FAN" connector. Both fans are connected properly (GND wire to GND pin on MB). The only other MB fan connector is labeled "PWR-FAN" which I don't have anything plugged into it.

Thanks,
        John
        I just built a new computer about a week ago and on the motherboard there are like 3 or 4 chassis fan connectors and 2 for CPU fan and mine is plugged into CPU 2 fan connector. I didn't bother to plug my chassis fans into the motherboard I just plugged them into a 4 pin molex plug in. To me I`d just rather having them run at full speed and know that its cooling my PC plenty without having to bother with fan control settings. Maybe the chassis fan connectors are only designed to run one an each.

Comment

Thanks,
          John
          If I'm reading this right, you have a three pin/wire fan connected to the four pin CHA-FAN1 connector. That four pin connector is a PWM controlled header, that works only with four pin PWM controlled fans. So any three pin fan connected to it will run at full speed all the time.

We have no idea if your CPU fan is a three or four pin fan, or what CPU cooler you are using, so can't comment on that without more info.

The PWR-FAN connector is not controllable by BIOS or software settings, it will run a fan at full speed.

Comment

Working...
          X