Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2600Mhz Ram setting for A88x Extreme 6+ (where is gone?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2600Mhz Ram setting for A88x Extreme 6+ (where is gone?)

Hi all, I'm an owner of an Extreme 6+ A88x with the latest bios (3.10) running an A10-7850K.

I'm currently testing the Samsung value sticks (4GB, two modules) and overclocking them (I was able to reach 2400Mhz with 10-12-11-35 and CR 1T), but since the good results I wanted to push them further. (strange thing is the behaviour with the Ballistix tactical which can't go at any speed above 1333Mhz (yes, I'm talking about 667Mhzx2!!! )

However, I can't find the 2600Mhz speed setting in the BIOS. Has it been cancelled in the newest bios?

EDIT: The setting doesn't appear even if I change modules position (A1-B1 or A2-B2)

Re: 2600Mhz Ram setting for A88x Extreme 6+ (where is gone?)

Anyone else experiencing my "little" issue?

Comment

I don't use this board, but the highest speed memory in the memory compatibility list is 2400.

The 2600 setting may have been removed, since on my ASRock Intel Z87 board, with the same Samsung RAM, I have speed settings above 2600 listed. Not that I can get them to run that high.

Comment

Originally posted by Snickers89 View Post
        Anyone else experiencing my "little" issue?
        I'm having the same issue.
        I have Corsair Vengeance 2666Mhz memory and cannot get it past 2400 in the BIOS
        AsRock clearly states in advertising the board, that 2600 is supported, but you cannot set any higher than 2400.
        Also 2400 throws memtest errors like crazy

My other Asus compS (2) can utilize 2400 without errors...
        2133 works great without no errors, but that's not why I chose this particular board. I want to at least be able to attempt the ADVERTISED specifications.
        I'm very disappointed and will be "discussing" this issue with AsRock.

Comment

2666 is only supported as an overclock (manual timings not XMP ) and is not guaranteed if you look at ASROCK memory list and advice.

Comment

Working...
          X