No Video output in new build with X79 Extreme6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Video output in new build with X79 Extreme6

Hello. I assembled a computer recently, My motherboard was the first component I bought and the last one was my video card. I just hooked it up yesterday and when I connected the monitor and turn the computer on, I wont get any video signal. There is no on board video in the motherboard, so I can not get any video signal whatsoever, no BIOS screen etc. I checked the video card in another system and it works fine. The led lights in the motherboard show a 60, which the manual says is a "DXE Core is started" message. I know there are BIOS updates needed for the Ivy bridge processors, but how can I access the BIOS with no video output? I am starting to worry that my motherboard came up with defects.
    PLEASE HEEELP
    • ASRock X79 Extreme6 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    • Intel Core i7-4820K Ivy Bridge-E 3.7GHz (Turbo 3.9GHz) LGA 2011 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80633i74820K
    • G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9Q-32GXM
    • Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (Stand-Alone Drive)
    • Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive
    • ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM
    • Athena Power AP-P4ATX80FEP8 800W Power Supply SLI & Crossfire Ready ATX12V2.31 & EPS12V2.92 Active PFC & 80PLUS BRONZE Certified
    • Thermaltake CLW0217 Water 2.0 Extreme/All-In-One Liquid Cooling System
    • NZXT Source 530 CA-SO530-M1 Matte Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Any info will be appreciated.
    Thanks a lot

Re: No Video output in new build with X79 Extreme6

Down on the lower right corner of you MB is the BIOS chip with a white sticker w/the BIOS revision it came from the factory with. What is printed on that sticker?

The best I can see your 4820K req's BIOS 2.40 or above according to the CPU Support List.

Also, thank you for the HW list. But you missed adding the graphics card you have. And on graphics cards, do you have a lower generation card to test with the board? If you have one of the newer R series I would suggest you first try a lower gen card. There have been some issues with the new R series and compatibility with older BIOSes.
    Last edited by - wardog -; 03-11-2014, 08:56 PM.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: No Video output in new build with X79 Extreme6

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Down on the lower right corner of you MB is the BIOS chip with a white sticker w/the BIOS revision it came from the factory with. What is printed on that sticker?

The best I can see your 4820K req's BIOS 2.40 or above according to the CPU Support List.

Also, thank you for the HW list. But you missed adding the graphics card you have. And on graphics cards, do you have a lower generation card to test with the board? If you have one of the newer R series I would suggest you first try a lower gen card. There have been some issues with the new R series and compatibility with older BIOSes.
      May I add my agreement to all of the above. If you don't have a SB-E processor to flash to BIOS 2.40, a very important and must be done correctly update, an IVB-E processor may not work at all. See this thread for more information: http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...er-boards.html

The video card issue is also a distinct possibility. I just wanted to back up what might seem like an unlikely issue, but it is very real.

Comment

Working...
      X