Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using the new AM1H-ITX motherboard yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using the new AM1H-ITX motherboard yet?

I'm thinking next week I'll be forking out for a newly released ASRock AM1H-ITX motherboard and an AMD Athlon 5350 25W Quad-Core with the HD 8400 iGPU.

Anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with the board yet?

25W(CPU), 19vDC In or ATX PSU, USB 3.0, VGA, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort 1.2, 4 SATA3. Nice power sipping 24/7 server so long as I get, fingers crossed, 2012 R2 loaded. I wish I understood linux better.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Re: Anyone using the new AM1H-ITX motherboard yet?

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
    Anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with the board yet?
    Hello, I just got the same system you have. However, I'm having problems getting the Ultra Fast Boot function to work as this AM1H-ITX motherboard seems to think I have a discrete video card installed that does not support UEFI GOP, but I don't have even have a discrete video card. All I am using is the integrated Radeon R3 8400 graphics on the Athlon 5350 APU.

As Parsec has mentioned in another thread I created in regards to this issue, it could be a generic message and it simply does not see the Athlon 5350 as being UEFI GOP compliant. Both this motherboard and APU are newly released and both are particularly mentioned as having support for and being Windows 8.1 ready, so it should see the Radeon R3 8400 graphics as being compliant.

How has your experience been with your system? Are you able to use the Ultra Fast Boot function normally? Please let me know.

I am planning to use it as an HTPC, as it is quiet, in a very convenient small form factor, and should deliver more than enough power. I just hope I can get this issue fixed.
    Last edited by raltere; 05-11-2014, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Didn't get it as new truck tire took precedence.

See my reply in your other Thread re: CSM (Compatibility Support Module)
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Didn't get it as new truck tire took precedence.
        That's life I guess. I know I've been there. :)

Comment

Me bad. Tires, plural. 4 @ $596

Comment

Wow! That certainly takes precedence and is quite a hit to the wallet as well .

I guess we have to delay our need for shiny new entertainment gizmos at times like this. :)

Comment

While not cheap, I paid about half that for two tires for my car recently. Make that more than half of that. They were Michellins...

Or is that four at $596 each? Truck is a rather general term, from pickup to semi, ya know?

Comment

Working...
              X