Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New poster here mobo and cpu compatability issue N68C-GS FX with AMD FX4130 125W Processor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New poster here mobo and cpu compatability issue N68C-GS FX with AMD FX4130 125W Processor

Hi there, bought a whole new pc last month and have been having bluescreen issues with windows 8.1

have done major amount of fault finding and even did fresh windows install.

spoke to PC component supplier they say they can install a patch to rectify the issue.
    I'm not to sure

the issue it seems is

the motherboard they supplied
    ASROCK N68C-GS FX only supports upto 95W processors
    the processor i wanted and they supplied is
    AMD FX 4130 black edition this is a 125W processor

When PC starts to do any real processor intensive stuff, I.E. Large video conversions or huge spreadsheet clacutions i get blue sceen CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT errors.

can this Motherboard be flashed with newer bios to support processors that require more than 95W of power ?

Thanks very much for each and every(if any) replies.

Re: New poster here mobo and cpu compatability issue N68C-GS FX with AMD FX4130 125W Processor

why are the random question always the same question?
    thats not very random at all. :)

mail back from ASROCK Support.
    it seems this mobo will not support any 125W Processors.

Called my local supplier they now going to replace Mobo with new one.

Result.

Comment

Re: New poster here mobo and cpu compatability issue N68C-GS FX with AMD FX4130 125W Processor

Originally posted by red_not_dead View Post
      why are the random question always the same question?
      thats not very random at all. :)

mail back from ASROCK Support.
      it seems this mobo will not support any 125W Processors.

Called my local supplier they now going to replace Mobo with new one.

Result.
      N68 NVIDIA Chipset does not support high power CPUs.
      It is budget and works well for low power chips.

Comment

Wait a second, a brand new PC, built with a two year old mother board, whose last BIOS update was in late 2012. Not approved by ASRock for Windows 8, and no Win 8 drivers available from ASRock.

Next, a CPU that is not in the CPU compatibility list. It's not a new BIOS that will help, but a board that has the appropriate power source for a 125W processor. The N68C-GS FX does not meet that need, with what looks like a three phase CPU VRM design. Add to that the stock CPU cooler, and yes, you have problems.

The PC component supplier is really going on the cheap with this PC. A "patch" to fix this, I don't think so. Better check what the new board is...

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
          a CPU that is not in the CPU compatibility list
          They should have checked compatibility before they sold the board and CPU together. A BIOS update might have made it work,..............but It may have had a lot of future problems.

Comment

Pc was working, it was just when i got it to do any complicated math.
            transcoding Video files or complex Spreadsheet calculations or such like.

Yeah would have thought they would have known that these items were not compatable.

As for new board think i'm gonna opt for the ASUS M5A97_R20
            AMD 970/SB950 chipset
            so should have no issues with Bulldozer or piledriver CPU
            also no issues with win 8.1 compatability.
            Just pay the extra. will be 3rd build for PC in a month.

will deffo be nice and clean.
            SATA 3 will bring out best of crucial M500 SSD and the 2TB seagate drives also they both work at 6GBps
            hopefully will be like lightning quick boot times.

Comment

Originally posted by red_not_dead View Post
              Pc was working, it was just when i got it to do any complicated math.
              transcoding Video files or complex Spreadsheet calculations or such like.

Yeah would have thought they would have known that these items were not compatable.

As for new board think i'm gonna opt for the ASUS M5A97_R20
              AMD 970/SB950 chipset
              so should have no issues with Bulldozer or piledriver CPU
              also no issues with win 8.1 compatability.
              Just pay the extra. will be 3rd build for PC in a month.

will deffo be nice and clean.
              SATA 3 will bring out best of crucial M500 SSD and the 2TB seagate drives also they both work at 6GBps
              hopefully will be like lightning quick boot times.
              That board looks good to me.
              Make sure to enable AHCI mode in the BIOS and install the proper driver for it while loading windows onto the SSD.
              That's how you get that fast speed out of the SATA-III ports.

Comment

Working...
              X