Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Asrock-board for the new Intel Xeon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Asrock-board for the new Intel Xeon?

I have been pondering the thought of upgrading my system again (atm using an older X6 with the 890Extreme3) and have read some reviews of the new Xeon E3-1231v3.
    I cannot find any boards on the Asrock site which lists this cpu as compatible though - mainly I am interested in the H87Pro 4 -mobo but I am willing to get another one if necessary.

So...any boards you guys can recommend that will definately run this cpu?

Re: Which Asrock-board for the new Intel Xeon?

You shouldn't buy the H87, instead buy the new H97 Pro4 which is the newest chipset compatible with Haswell Refresh by default. If you decide to buy H87, then you'll need to update to BIOS 2.00 in order to make it compatible with that Xeon.

Comment

I would buy the new H97 Pro4 ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Joxer View Post
        I have been pondering the thought of upgrading my system again (atm using an older X6 with the 890Extreme3) and have read some reviews of the new Xeon E3-1231v3.
        I cannot find any boards on the Asrock site which lists this cpu as compatible though - mainly I am interested in the H87Pro 4 -mobo but I am willing to get another one if necessary.

So...any boards you guys can recommend that will definately run this cpu?
        The Xeon E3-1231v3 is the Xeon version of the Haswell-refresh, so has just been released. It should be compatible with most if not all of the Intel 8 series chipsets, like the H87. The UEFI/BIOS update for Haswell -R processors is already available for boards like the H87 Pro.

Even the new Intel 9 series chipset boards ASRock has released do not include this processor yet, who knows why.

Comment

Working...
        X