Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXTREME4 mobo BIOS p2.6 stuck at boot menu (no keyboard response)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXTREME4 mobo BIOS p2.6 stuck at boot menu (no keyboard response)

Ok TeakTown, first major issue with my new PC. I have an ASRock z87 EXTREME 4 mobo and I was updating the BIOS through the A-Tuning utility (mobo utility for Windows). The update downloaded and then my computer automatically restarted. The BIOS screen started up and then, it just stayed there. I waited 5 minutes, nothing. I tried hitting all the boot keys, DEL, F2, F11, etc. Only TAB worked to switch to the alternate BIOS screen. No keys worked at this screen either. I thought my keyboard may be broken, but I tried it in another computer and it worked perfectly. I then tried a new keyboard. Didn't work either. Nothing seems to work. I tried restarting, trying again, restarting...nothing works. Is there a way I can flash the BIOS without any key inputs? Will any of the data on my HDDs be affected? I already sent an email to ASRock, but I figured you guys may be faster.
    Last edited by paskowitz90; 05-16-2014, 07:11 AM.

Re: EXTREME4 mobo BIOS p2.6 stuck at boot menu (no keyboard response)

unplug your keyboard and plug it back in. (Haha easy huh?) Any chance its a steel series? Try grab an OLDDDD keyboard such as a regular oem microsoft v 1.0 / 2.0 usb.
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
    Xeon E5 - 2650 Gen1. (@ 23x/105bclk)
    Asrock Extreme 3 x79 (2.40)
    Samsung 840 PRO 128gb (Boot) WD 1gb SSHD (Recovery/Junk)
    RipjawZ - 16gb 2133 4x4gb (@1600)
    2 Asus GTX 690 (Quad SLI Latest firmware)
    Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 850w

Comment

Originally posted by Adeptwa View Post
      unplug your keyboard and plug it back in. (Haha easy huh?) Any chance its a steel series? Try grab an OLDDDD keyboard such as a regular oem microsoft v 1.0 / 2.0 usb.
      I tried unplugging and plugging back in. Did not work. I will try to find a OLDDD keyboard. My current one is one of those MS Ergo Keyboards. Luckily I do have some old keyboards at my father's place.

Comment

Originally posted by paskowitz90 View Post
        Ok TeakTown, first major issue with my new PC. I have an ASRock EXTREME 4 mobo and I was updating the BIOS through the A-Tuning utility (mobo utility for Windows). The update downloaded and then my computer automatically restarted. The BIOS screen started up and then, it just stayed there. I waited 5 minutes, nothing. I tried hitting all the boot keys, DEL, F2, F11, etc. Only TAB worked to switch to the alternate BIOS screen. No keys worked at this screen either. I thought my keyboard may be broken, but I tried it in another computer and it worked perfectly. I then tried a new keyboard. Didn't work either. Nothing seems to work. I tried restarting, trying again, restarting...nothing works. Is there a way I can flash the BIOS without any key inputs? Will any of the data on my HDDs be affected? I already sent an email to ASRock, but I figured you guys may be faster.
        ASRock has several Extreme 4 mother board models, so we have no idea which one you have. That means we don't know which BIOS update method was used by A-Tuning, which can be different for each board.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
          ASRock has several Extreme 4 mother board models, so we have no idea which one you have. That means we don't know which BIOS update method was used by A-Tuning, which can be different for each board.

Z87. My bad original post updated.

Comment

Working...
          X