fatality killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fatality killer

is it possible that the fatality killer has 1/2 of my physical ham locked down as "hardware reserved" ?????????????

it looks as if f-stream tuner has hardware reserved ram

for me to lose 16 gigs of ram is grievous, and i do not care how or what i have to do to stop it, it needs to be done now!

Re: fatality killer

neo, let your mind be free
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
    Xeon E5 - 2650 Gen1. (@ 23x/105bclk)
    Asrock Extreme 3 x79 (2.40)
    Samsung 840 PRO 128gb (Boot) WD 1gb SSHD (Recovery/Junk)
    RipjawZ - 16gb 2133 4x4gb (@1600)
    2 Asus GTX 690 (Quad SLI Latest firmware)
    Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 850w

Comment

dont know neo.
      dont try to feed me placebo
      just want the details on the solution bro

Comment

Originally posted by calemus View Post
        is it possible that the fatality killer has 1/2 of my physical ham locked down as "hardware reserved" ?????????????

it looks as if f-stream tuner has hardware reserved ram

for me to lose 16 gigs of ram is grievous, and i do not care how or what i have to do to stop it, it needs to be done now!
        ASRock has at least seven Fatality Killer mother board models, you'll need to be much more specific before we can start.

Your PC's specs would be a big help too, such as CPU and OS version.

It seems you have 32GB of RAM, and literally 16GB is shown in Resource Monitor as Hardware Reserved? Do you have a RAM disk created in F-Stream?

Comment

the specs r up, the ones that are relitive to our situation at least

no ram disks
          i have uninstalled the kraken software and run the system with the kracken usb interface unplugged, so i know it cant be that

the 2 video cards i used b4 and never had this problem, so i know it's not that
          the dvd drive never gave me problems whene it was on a different system, i know it's not that

i doubt the PSU would reserve ram, and that leaves just the SSD, and the processor itself

Comment

Without the exact model number of your Trident X memory, I assume it is one of the 4 x 8GB sets of the G.SKILL 32GTX series.

There are very few 8GB DIMMs listed in your board's memory compatibility list, and no G.SKILL GTX models at all.

ASRock > Fatal1ty 990FX Killer

Checking G.SKILL's website, your board is not listed in any of the QVL lists for the 32GTX models. This memory is mainly meant for Intel based boards:

http://www.gskill.com/en/finder?cat=31&series=614

Unfortunately you can't use any model of DDR3 memory with and board, and since the memory controller is part of the CPU on your processor, it is more a compatibility issue with the CPU than the board.

You were lucky IMO to get this memory working with your system at all, but getting it all available to the OS may be impossible.

Did you try using just 16GB and check the amount of memory recognized, without changing anything else?

Comment

the numerical value of the ram i lose to "hardware reserved" is always half of my physical memory.
              if i put 1 stick i lose 2 gigs, 2 sticks i lose 4 gigs, so on so on

i also have 1 gig sticks, and 4 gig stick i have played with

Comment

the numerical value of the ram i lose to "hardware reserved" is always half of my physical memory.
                if i put 1 stick i lose 2 gigs, 2 sticks i lose 4 gigs, so on so on

i also have 1 gig sticks, and 4 gig stick i have played with

My exp when this happens is the ram timing or speed are not working correctly. First thing go into the bios and set the ram to 1333. Reboot and see if windows is now reserving the ram. If your system is OC's removed that as well while in the bios before booting into windows and report back.

Comment

so far i have tryed this with multiple OC's
                  i have changed the ram from plug and play to 2133 and dropped the timings, and tweaked it back and forth

still no luck

only 16 gig usable, and 16 in reserves

Comment

Does the BIOS's Main tab show all 32GB as 4pcs 8GB installed?
                    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

the main page in bios correctly shows all 4 sticks as 8 gig

i just got this from asrock

"This is the very common issue from Microsoft. The simple way is do a fresh window installation.
                      Please enter into the UEFI and check the total memory size that should list 32GB.
                      The only place is not showing the whole amount of memory under the window 7 OS. Please contact the Microsoft for support. "

i am not going to contact windows so i can pay them to fix what is wrong with their program. so i need to figure out how to fix this on my own.
                      this is a list of what i have done

1) physically reseated the ram
                      2) Bios>octweaker>dram timing control>A)bank interlacing B) channel interleaving C) all timings changed
                      3) Bios> changed clock speeds and latency settings on ram
                      4) Bios>NB config > Iomm tryed off and on
                      5) msconfig>boot> advanced options> max mem box is NOT checked
                      6) CP>system>system prop>advanced>performance/Settings>advanced/virtual memory changed to a few things, turned off, set to minimum no matter what i do windows will always pop up a notification
                      that it has set virtual memory.
                      7) long list of regedit hacks and deletes
                      8) loaded the latest bios update from asrock

still looking for another way to STOP windows from making this page file. no luck yet.
                      all research is pointing to the BIOS being bad, but Asrock says it's windows fault

Comment

Comment

so i threw another HD in the mix and windows 7 is showing the same thing.

asrocks recommendation of a new windows installation might cost a few hundred dollars, but it does NOT fix the problem.
                          lesson learned?

Comment

What version of Windows 7 are you using? Unless you are using PRO or above you will only have 16 GB available.

Memory Limits for Windows and Windows Server Releases (Windows)

Comment

Originally posted by abecvar View Post
                              What version of Windows 7 are you using? Unless you are using PRO or above you will only have 16 GB available.
                              According to his System Specs pull down he should be fine with 7 x64 Pro.

[URL=http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/calemus/media/virtualramrape_zps035386c7.png.html]
                              Go in, select to not use a paging file and reboot immediately afterwards. What does Windows show upon rebooting?
                              #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                              ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
                              X