Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: fatality killer

Quote Originally Posted by calemus View Post
    [URL=http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/calemus/media/virtualramrape_zps035386c7.png.html]
    Go in, select to not use a paging file and reboot immediately afterwards. What does Windows show upon rebooting?

that is the screen shot of what windows tells me after i disable paging file

basicly, i tell windows what to do
    and windows tells me to go somewhere.

Comment

Are you by chance manually setting a too small of paging file, and that's why Windows is overriding?

Or, are/is your SSD/HDD too full and thus no room for a paging file?
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

it does not matter how big or small i set the virtual ram to
        the hardware reserved is always still set to 1/2 of what ever physical ram i have installed

i just reinstalled windows, so the SSD, and the HD used to do so were mostly empty

also the installation previously was at about 1/4 of my ssd volume

Comment

A Windows page file exists on the OS drive, and I've never seen that message before about forcing the creation of a page file.

Personally, I can set no page file in Windows, and that's what I get, without any automatic page file creation. That is on PCs with 8GB and 16GB of memory. I don't understand how the size of the page file is affecting detection of your memory.

I see you have a Samsung 840 EVO SSD, do you happen to use the Samsung Magician 4.3 software?

So... your 9590 FX processor is not listed in the CPU compatibility list, the one BIOS update that exists don't mention any CPU microcode updates for newer AMD CPUs (memory controller is part of the CPU), and there are very few 8GB DIMMs listed in the memory compatibility list.

We also find this in the memory compatibility list: Note7: AMD FX series CPU on this motherboard support up to DDR3 1866 MHz as its standard memory frequency.

Just saying, quite a few issues that are not helping your situation.

Comment

so i threw on an old phenom 4 core.

problem is no longer present.

tells me either the mobo can not handle the job, or the cpu's memory controller is shot.

so the next step in trouble shooting would either be to purchase a
            cpu
            or purchase a
            new mobo
            Last edited by calemus; 05-21-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

edit

Comment

Working...
              X