ASRock Fatal1ty z87 killer RAM issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Fatal1ty z87 killer RAM issue

I have problem with my ASRock Fatal1ty z87 killer mobo ( or maybe cpu is an issue). I am not able to run memory in B channels, everytime i do it it says that CPU did not recognized memory in slot b and it reads only one memory stick in channel A. Mobo in its F-Stream Tuning utility can see both RAM ( under system browser ) that proves that RAM socket is not faulty. So its either CPU socket or CPU itself or.....I don't know what else.. I have i7 4770k, My BIOS is up to date and, memory i am using is Corsair Vengeance PRO CMY16gx3m2a2400c11r . I have ordered new motherboard but am having feeling issue may persist ( based on this post :https://communities.intel.com/thread/51604 ). As for CPU its rare to be main culprits and will replace it as last resort. Do you have guys any ideas what can be issue ?

Re: ASRock Fatal1ty z87 killer RAM issue

Originally posted by bury02128 View Post
    I have problem with my ASRock Fatal1ty z87 killer mobo ( or maybe cpu is an issue). I am not able to run memory in B channels, everytime i do it it says that CPU did not recognized memory in slot b and it reads only one memory stick in channel A. Mobo in its F-Stream Tuning utility can see both RAM ( under system browser ) that proves that RAM socket is not faulty. So its either CPU socket or CPU itself or.....I don't know what else.. I have i7 4770k, My BIOS is up to date and, memory i am using is Corsair Vengeance PRO CMY16gx3m2a2400c11r . I have ordered new motherboard but am having feeling issue may persist ( based on this post :https://communities.intel.com/thread/51604 ). As for CPU its rare to be main culprits and will replace it as last resort. Do you have guys any ideas what can be issue ?
    What is telling you the the memory is not recognized in "slot b"?

Two DIMMs should be used in slots A2 and B2, which are the two black memory slots.

It's strange that the System Browser can see the DIMM in the B channel, but Windows is only seeing 8GB of memory, correct?

There is a System Browser in the UEFI/BIOS which you could check, and have you checked the memory voltage and speed settings in the BIOS?

The memory controller is in the CPU, but I'm surprised that if it had a problem, that System Browser could detect the DIMM in channel B.

I would suspect the CPU socket before the CPU itself, all it takes is one pin in the wrong place to be damaged to cause a problem with the memory.

Your model of memory is not listed in the Memory Support List, which could be related to the problem.

Do you have any other memory you could try in the board for a test?

Comment

Thank you for response,yes I used A2 B2 slots, unfortunately don't have another pair of ram at home, but will borrow to test. Will check CPU setting/socket also.

Comment

MemTest86+
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Ok guys, got my motherboard replaced and everything works now 100%. It was mobo after all. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X