Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Fatality 990FX Killer Information on plug no 19 Audio

Asrock Fatality 990FX Killer
    Can anyone provide me with chassis speaker connection. Plug 19 Which are the 2 output pins? Is it 3 and 4 or 1 and 4 or what else???
    If speaker output is 1 and 4 so does that mean pin 1 + 5 to Speaker all the time. So increase chance of shorts from 5 volt rail?
    Not good idea if that's the case.

Re: Asrock Fatality 990FX Killer Information on plug no 19 Audio

Most all chassis speaker connectors are 4pin with the red and black at opposite sides, two holes separating them.

The red is positive, the black negative. Please see pg23 of the online manual, "Chassis Speaker Header"
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by zamman View Post
      Asrock Fatality 990FX Killer
      Can anyone provide me with chassis speaker connection. Plug 19 Which are the 2 output pins? Is it 3 and 4 or 1 and 4 or what else???
      If speaker output is 1 and 4 so does that mean pin 1 + 5 to Speaker all the time. So increase chance of shorts from 5 volt rail?
      Not good idea if that's the case.
      This chassis speaker header is for the POST code beeps only, not for audio, right?

Pins 1 and 4 are the actual connections, this from page 23 of your board's manual:

Click image for larger version

Name:	990fx chassis speakere.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	754375

Why they call pin one +5V instead of just Plus is beyond me, and it does not always provide +5V to that terminal, since the little speaker would be making a non-stop tone if it did. If it takes 5V to make the tone it does, that is one insensitive little speaker.

We get stuff like this when an engineer provides information to a non-technical manual writer, or things are lost in translation.

My ASRock board has an identical header, and my four pin "chassis speaker" plugs into it and works fine, only beeps when it should.

Pin 1 should be labeled '+' on you board, pin four '-', although when using a single speaker the plus and minus really make no difference. When two or more speakers are used for music, the plus and minus matter but only to keep all the speakers in phase.

Comment

Thanks for confirming I was going to try connecting to Pin 1 but saw +5 and thought 5 Volts might appear on speaker. And puff of smoke would emit from it.
        Manual on page 23 does not say Pin 1 and 4 are speaker.
        Only mentions pin 4 speaker in book.

Comment

Working...
        X