Asrock Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Warranty

Considering a Fatal1ty H97 Killer or Fatal1ty H97 Performance Motherboard.

I am looking for information on Asrock's Manufacturer's Warranty on said items.

Re: Asrock Warranty

FWIW, NewEgg list the warranty as 3yrs Parts and Labor on both.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      FWIW, NewEgg list the warranty as 3yrs Parts and Labor on both.
      I'm hoping someone can direct me to the legalese. Devil's in the details and I've heard some horror stories about bent and broken pins.

Comment

ASRock mother board warranty info is hard to find, I checked the box and manuals, both paper and pdf, and I can't find anything about it.

I did find the following on the ASRock Repair / RMA page on their website, here: ASRock > Support > Repair / RMA

ASRock provide 1 year warranty service to Authorized Distributor, users should refer to the retailer or original vender RMA & Refund policy. If experiencing difficulties in warranty service through your dealer or place of purchase, ASRock will attempt to resolve this issue. For the motherboard that out of warranty, there is a service charge depend on the model + shipping for each item. ASRock America will only provide warranty service to ASRock products purchased within North America.

The warranty info on Newegg has this disclaimer:

Beyond any applicable Newegg return policy, this item is warranted independently by the product's Manufacturer or a Third party. Below is a summary provided for convenience only and may not be accurate or current

So the best I can find is a "1 year warranty service to Authorized Distributor", whatever that means.

I invite ASRock to clarify or simply confirm what their mother board warranty period is, and any details regarding current and earlier models.

Bent and broken CPU socket pins are a universal mother board manufacture nightmare for the customer and for the manufacture. That is, no mother board manufacture has a liberal return or replacement policy for CPU socket damage, AFAIK.

One brick and mortar retailer I've used literally had me inspect the mobo socket for defects when I bought a board from them. I had to sign off on it being Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
          One brick and mortar retailer I've used literally had me inspect the mobo socket for defects when I bought a board from them. I had to sign off on it being Ok.
          Ah.

That makes me worry...

Comment

Why? That is just to protect them from someone dropping something into an uncovered CPU socket, and then claim it was like that when they opened the box.

I've bought about ten mother boards from various manufactures, and have never had a damaged CPU socket. Yes they are delicate but if the cover is left on until just before the CPU is put in the socket, the pins are exposed for 30 seconds or less.

Put the processor in the socket before the board is mounted in the PC case. That is the first thing I do when dealing with a new board. I have the processor out of its container and ready, and then open the socket with the lever. With a flashlight firmly in my hand, I take a look at the pins. All you need to see is something not symmetrical, something out of place, which merits a closer look.

They've been making these sockets for years, and I'm sure extreme care is taken to insure such a basic thing is not damaged. If the socket pins are truly damaged, the entire board is worthless. Shipping products like that make no sense.

Comment

Being that you are concerned with warranties, I'd go with EVGA (I really wish I had). A bit more money, but great warranties and peerless customer service (I sent them an email at 1am on a Saturday once and got a response in 20 minutes) from native English speaking techs, whereas when you contact ASRock you'd be lucky to even get a response at all. When you do, it seems like it's usually useless canned answers in broken English (some examples here: **Official** Asrock Z68 Gen3 Extreme7 & Extreme4 thread - Page 5 , more shouldn't be hard to find).

Comment

Working...
              X