Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock C2750D4I: IPMI web interface not responing and keeps booting from wrong device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock C2750D4I: IPMI web interface not responing and keeps booting from wrong device

Hi All,

I got 2 problems for the moment and one is preventing to fix the other.

I got FreeNAS installed on it booting from a USB stick. BIOS is set to only boot from that device. Whenever I add a data disk, the BIOS prefers to boot from that device instead. Need to reset the BIOS to only boot from the USB device before it continues.

This brings me to the 2nd problem, the IPMI is no longer responding on the http interface. both chrome and IE say the site isn't responding. This obvious blocks me from opening the console applet to reset the BIOS to fix the above boot issue......

Any help would be appreciated.

Filip

Re: Asrock C2750D4I: IPMI web interface not responing and keeps booting from wrong device

Are you able to go into the UEFI BIOS during post by pressing either F2 or DEL? Then you should be able to change the boot order (under the boot menu).

Comment

Re: Asrock C2750D4I: IPMI web interface not responing and keeps booting from wrong device

Can you ping on the IP? If not, have you scanned the IP's with an IP scanner to see if the address was changed?

At one time, I had the same experience. I can ping the IP but does not respond to any browser. I ended up power cycling the server including IPMI. Unfortunately, I have to resort to this to get it back running.

Comment

Working...
      X