Help with ASRock H77 M MOBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with ASRock H77 M MOBO

I have an ASRock H77m MB, the only problem I have with it is that none of the USB 3.0 work. They will not even recognize any 2.0 device. I have done a clean install of my OS, Bios is 1.60 which I believe is the current version. I have loaded the drivers from the ASRock cd as well as the drivers from Intel Web site, still no joy.
    Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Thanks.....

Re: Help with ASRock H77 M MOBO

Do USB devices do anything when you plug them in (charge, lights turn on, etc.)? What devices are you trying to plug in? Are you plugin in devices into the USB ports on the motherboard backpanel, or are you attempting to use the case USB ports that have cables which are plugged into one of the four USB headers on the motherboard (2 x USB2.0 and 2 x USB3.0)?

Comment

Hi,

All the USB 2.0 ports work fine, as a matter my keyboard and mouse are connected to 2 of the rear ports I also have an external USB. 2.0 drive connected off the rear panel and it works fine.
      The problem is I can connect a USB 2.0 device to the 3.0 ports on the rear panel and it works, when I connect the USB 3.0 drive to either of the ports, I can hear and feel the drive spin up but it is not recognized and no activity lite.
      It is a Toshiba 1 TB external drive. I will need to check it on another computer. It was working fine before I did the build. All devices were working on my old stock MOBO before I did the upgrade from a H 61 Foxcon (HP branded) to the ASRock H 77 M.
      In Device manager there are no issues noted and when I check on the properties for the USB 3.0 Hub or Controller it says all are working fine and drivers are up to date.
      My 2 front ports that are off the internal header are not working with any USB device, but I suspect it is a loose wire.
      I will check the drive on another computer.
      I would on my other one, just built using ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 w/ i5 3570K cpu, but I have discovered that when I plug into any of the USB 3.0 ports, I can feel and hear the drive spin up but again not recognized or activity lites......
      Will post on my findings with that drive, just weird cause I was using it right up to doing the upgrade in the HP case....
      Thanks...

Comment

Here is my update, found that the Toshiba Canvio 1 Tb USB 3.0 drive was dead......was working before my upgrade. So at this time all the USB 3.0 ports on both my H77m and Z77 Extreme4 Mobo's are working. Its a shame cause the drive was nice for $ 69.00.

Comment

Working...
        X