X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z87 Extreme6 Turns itself back on after shutdown and power off

ASRock Z87 Extreme6 LGA 1150 Intel Z87

Hey Guys,

Would any of you have an idea as to why my PC turns itself back on right after I attempt to shut it down or if it freezes and I try to shut it down by pressing the power button it will reboot itself. I also turned the power off by switching the PSU off and it turned right back on. There is no consistency to how it does it. I have gone weeks where it doesn't do it. Then times it will do it over and over again. I looked in the bios and power on after system power loss is off by default and also wake on lan is off by default which I never messed with and verified they are both off. Also I was using the same power supply in my previous setup and I did not have this issue with it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Re: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 Turns itself back on after shutdown and power off

Originally posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    ASRock Z87 Extreme6 LGA 1150 Intel Z87

Hey Guys,

Would any of you have an idea as to why my PC turns itself back on right after I attempt to shut it down or if it freezes and I try to shut it down by pressing the power button it will reboot itself. I also turned the power off by switching the PSU off and it turned right back on. There is no consistency to how it does it. I have gone weeks where it doesn't do it. Then times it will do it over and over again. I looked in the bios and power on after system power loss is off by default and also wake on lan is off by default which I never messed with and verified they are both off. Also I was using the same power supply in my previous setup and I did not have this issue with it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!
    This has bee discussed here:-

Hope it helps.

Comment

Re: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 Turns itself back on after shutdown and power off

Originally posted by CaneMan View Post

It looks like the same issue, but I don't use windows 8 I use 7 and I don't think it's OS related due to the fact I turn the power off on my PSU turn it back on and the PC still turns on. The OS shouldn't have control over the hardware when the os isn't loaded and the PC's power was cut.

Thanks for the link though

Comment

Working...
      X