Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Game Blaster not detected

Hello,

i bought asrock game blaster sound card, but cant use it because windows does not detect sound processor.
    LAN card working and get detected in Windows, but sound processor missing in Device Manager.
    My MB is Asrock Z77 Extreme4
    Regarding instructions, this MB support game blaster and i triyng PCIE1 and PCIE4 slots to connect card.
    No success!!
    Also trying in UEFI to Disable onboard audio.
    No success!!
    Also i connect card on PCIE3 (PCIEx16) slot, and no luck.
    I've tried all options.
    Any ideas or recommendations?
    I'm desperate...

Re: Asrock Game Blaster not detected

up!
    At this situation can I inquiry for RMA?

Comment

Re: Asrock Game Blaster not detected

Originally posted by gosheto View Post
      At this situation can I inquiry for RMA?
      You may do so with the retailer from where you purchased it, or HERE
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: Asrock Game Blaster not detected - SOLVED

FOUND A SOLUTION! I recently got a Blue screen due to some other device issue with my Cisco switch when my sound card disappeared. I considered performing a system restore to bring it back but I felt compelled to restore it through other means so that I could help others. Here is what I found and what i did to fix it.
        System: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, ASRock x79 Extreme9, GameBlaster Sound Card, z5500 Speaker using analog plugins (3.5mm jackS) i7 extreme 3820, 32 GB ram...
        After I powered up my computer without the analog jacks plugged in the OS failed to see any speakers or soundcard. I was still seeing the Nvidia HD audio controller and my microsoft lifecam under the sound devices list in device manager but no combination of unplugging my gameblaster, analog jacks, speaker power, or reboot sequence got me anywhere. However I knew that the soundcard was still working. Upon one of the restarts I went into the UEFI and looked at the "system browser" option to look at what the system saw in my PCIE3 slot. Since it only said "Ethernet Controller" I got the idea of uninstalling the ethernet controller located on the card. My thought was that it wasn't finding the soundcard because it had already allocated that slot as an ethernet controller, hence why when i was searching for hardware, it wasn't able to detect it. So uninstalling the ethernet controller and forcing the system re-recognize the device entirely rather than just the second controller would fix it right? RIGHT!

SOLUTION: After powering on the PC I uninistalled the Ethernet controller located on the gameblaster card (LAN2). I left the NVidia HD audio driver installed, and then Powered off my computer. I then plugged in my optical cable from my Z5500 Speakers to my GameBlaster and turned the computer back on again. As soon as I logged back in my PC it found the soundcard and detected not only my optical cable line but my analog jacks as well. So in short, uninstall you ethernet controller as well, power off PC, if you have a coax or optical cable plug those in as well, repower on your PC and if it isn't detected go back to device manager and check your drivers!

Comment

Working...
        X