Z97 Extreme6 won't boot with ASMedia SATA controller enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Z97 Extreme6 won't boot with ASMedia SATA controller enabled

I had the same idea too. But, since I already have a microsoft id, I went for MS OneDrive.

So, if anyone still want to try this modified uefi file for the Z97 Extreme6, you can get it from here:

I hope this time it will work, otherwise slap me on that hat
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Obviously my ad blocker, which works fine on this site, did not work so well with the other.

SandsOfTime, you obviously were also a victim of that file sharing site, not that you knew it.

So IMO, you had nothing but good intentions when you posted that UEFI/BIOS file, so nothing to worry or be sorry about.

I'll even try downloading your new link to that UEFI file.

EDIT: The download file seems fine to me, although I've had problems after flashing to 1.30 on my Z97 EX 6 board since it was first released. I'll try this modded UEFI later.
      Last edited by parsec; 09-20-2014, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Woah, I didn't expect such a heated back and forth. I too agree that SandsOfTime was an unwitting victim. Maybe a moderator could come along and clean this up by deleting the off-topic posts, so that the thread is easier to read?

Originally posted by SandsOfTime View Post
        I had the same idea too. But, since I already have a microsoft id, I went for MS OneDrive.

So, if anyone still want to try this modified uefi file for the Z97 Extreme6, you can get it from here:

I hope this time it will work, otherwise slap me on that hat
        I tried flashing that file, and it flashed successfully, but there is no change to the original symptoms. I also tried FW 1.40 from ASRock, also with no change.

Which firmware version did you use to make that uefi? I also tried flashing version 3.70 from station-drivers.com, but the flash was unsuccessful.

Comment

I used firmware version 0.954 for that uefi, which is afaik the latest version for the ASMedia sata chip 1061. Version 3.70 is for ASMedia 1062.
          ---
          Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Working...
          X