Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z77 Extreme6 PCIe speed

Hi
    I put graphic card in PCIe4 slot and sound card in PCIe5 slot. At what bandwidth both slots will work? Should i put sound card into slot PCIe1 to get maximum bandwidth for graphic card and sound card? My cooler blocks PCIe1 slot so i cant put sound card there. What slots should i use to get maximum bandwidth?

Re: ASRock Z77 Extreme6 PCIe speed

The graphic card in PCIe4 runs with 8x PCIe 3.0 speed, PCIe5 offers 4x PCIe 2.0 speed. PCIe2 can offer 16x PCI 3.0 speed (if PCIe4 is not used), so it's the best to put the graphic card in here. The PCI 3.0 speed of PCIe2 and PCIe4 is only supported with an Ivy Bridge cpu. For the sound card it makes no difference if you use PCIe1 or PCIe5.
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Originally posted by SandsOfTime View Post
      The graphic card in PCIe4 runs with 8x PCIe 3.0 speed, PCIe5 offers 4x PCIe 2.0 speed. PCIe2 can offer 16x PCI 3.0 speed (if PCIe4 is not used), so it's the best to put the graphic card in here. The PCI 3.0 speed of PCIe2 and PCIe4 is only supported with an Ivy Bridge cpu. For the sound card it makes no difference if you use PCIe1 or PCIe5.
      Yes i got Ivy Bridge cpu, Intel Core i5-3570k. Ok i will put my graphic card in slot PCIe2 to get x16 speed. I will leave PCIe4 slot empty. So my sound card in slot PCIe5 will not slow down PCIe2 from x16 to x8? Did I understand right?

Comment

Yes, that's right. Because the 4 PCIe 2.0 lanes from PCIe5 are delivered from the chip set, and the 16 3.0 lanes from PCIe2 and PCIe4 are from the cpu.
        ---
        Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Working...
        X