Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killer Network Manager says Flash not installed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer Network Manager says Flash not installed...

So I'm looking right at the version information for Adobe Flash Player 16 NPAPI ver.16.0.0.235 installed on my system. So why is the Killer Network Manager too stupid to see it? They didn't tie it to IE did they? No one in their right mind uses IE.

Re: Killer Network Manager says Flash not installed...

There are two versions of Adobe Flash Player. One is for integration in IE, and one for all other Browser. You propably have to install this second one too.
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

I had to use IE to acquire the correct Flash Player but the Killer Network Manager had issues running the test and when it was done there was a multitude of repeating script errors. Its an absolutely abysmal application and I suggest that no one should bother trying to use it. Being tied to IE seems to have rendered the results one would expect. Install the driver alone.
      Last edited by GraVmaN; 01-12-2015, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Another thing I discovered is that Qualcomm Atheros has removed all support for the Killer line of network cards from their websites and have also shut down the www.killergaming.com website. I couldn't even find drivers and other tools (other than 3rd party locations), the common links found online going to Qualcomm Atheros are all dead like this one;

My guess is there has been too many issues, I found the Killer Network Manager to be at the root of all of them, and Qualcomm Atheros is going to kill the entire line. So it seems anyway as they are clearly distancing themselves from it ever having existed. Maybe they aren't aware of Canadian laws making support mandatory for 10yrs.

Ultimately, the stand alone driver had major issues. The lag was more like stop and go networking under all circumstances. I was forced to try a Killer Suite from another manufacturer. Apparently they are not all the same. The MSI build of the latest (and last would be my guess) is what I used and all is well. I don't mess with it though as I'm afraid of what could happen next.

I guess this is the result when the original Killer product was a hardware NIC (didn't rely on the CPU for processing) and the current version is just software management.
        Last edited by GraVmaN; 01-17-2015, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Maybe this guide will help you in some way: Guide: Turn your Killer E2200 NIC into Qualcomm Athero AR8161 | TechPowerUp Forums
          ---
          Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

I downloaded the driver in that thread and will use it if things take a turn. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
            X