X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q1900DC-ITX no signal hdmi monitor

Hi,

I just built the following PC:

1 x Crucial M500 120GB, SATA 6Gb/s (CT120M500SSD1)
    1 x Crucial SO-DIMM 4GB, DDR3L-1600, CL11 (CT51264BF160BJ)
    1 x ASRock Q1900DC-ITX (90-MXGTL0-A0UAYZ)
    1 x Cooler Master Elite 110 schwarz, Mini-ITX (RC-110-KKN2)

If I boot it up (no OS installed yet) the monitor (which is connected via hdmi) remains black (no signal). If I use VGA it does have a signal (all good). Haven't had the possibility to test DVI yet.
    Anyone knows why hdmi doesn't have a signal and how to fix it (manual has no information about hdmi not showing boot/bios)?

Some additional specs:
    Bios version 1.20
    Monitor: LG IPS235P
    Last edited by dickunddoof; 01-22-2015, 12:58 AM.

Re: Q1900DC-ITX no signal hdmi monitor

Hi, I've ordered this motherboard, when I receive mine (it was out of stock and I'll have to wait a bit) I'll tell you if I face the same issue. It seems in the BIOS there's a setting to select the primary graphics adapter, but not the video port, so I think it should be capable of output video at boot through all of them, not only VGA; I mean that should be the expected behaviour, I think. Have you tried another HDMI cable or DVI? HDMI compatibility issues are not uncommon. Maybe Intel graphic hardware is a bit picky... there seems to be some Intel firmware/driver related problems affecting digital video outputs. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Comment

Hi, I tested it with another hdmi cable connected to my TV -> it works. I changed some settings afterwards: Primary Graphics Adapter -> Onboard Full Screen Logo - disabled Setup Prompt Timeout - 5 Now I can also enter BIOS during boot using the old hdmi cable connected to my Monitor. Problem solved ;)

Comment

Glad to hear that. And thanks for the settings info, I may need it soon :)

Comment

Working...
        X