Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 settings reset to default after removing sound card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z77 Extreme4 settings reset to default after removing sound card?

So this just happened to me, yesterday, I decided to remove my current sound card (ASUS Xonar DS) because it began malfunctioning (slightly but still), so I decided to remove it in order to use the onboard one until I decide what to do with it.

After doing so (unplugged the entire system, put it on a safe work space, removed the card, etc etc), I plugged everything back in, boot it up, entered UEFI to enable the onboard sound, but it was enabled already, so I thought since I just removed my PCI ASUS one that the motherboard was smart enough to actually enabled the onboard one by itself, but after looking around, everything was back to its default state, even my OC, HPET setting was wrong, ASMedia controller was enabled, etc etc.

So what could have caused this? all I did was remove my sound card, cleaned up a bit and then plugged everything back in.

I definitely didn't press the ClearCMOS button on the back by accident because when I do that the "American Megatrends" screen pops up right after powering on the system, and that didn't happen didn't this time.

One thing I did was that I left my PC without power (PSU plugged into Voltage Regulator but with the switch turned off) for a good couple of hours because I had to do other stuff around the house.

Btw everything is back to normal now, but I'm definitely intrigued by this.
    Last edited by SlackerITGuy; 01-23-2015, 09:58 AM.
Working...
X