X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios for MB Asrock g41m-vgs3

Hello.

I can't find bios for Asrock g41m-vgs3.
    On asrock's site is g41m-vs3, but it doesn't install.
    Please, send me bios to e-mail malov_n(dog)mmc54.ru

Re: Bios for MB Asrock g41m-vgs3

Please help!

Comment

This seems to be a fairly common problem with the G41M-VGS3 board, which shares a manual with the G41M-VS3.

The only difference between these two boards is a different Atheros LAN chip. The G41M-VGS3 board seems to have not been sold in the usual retail way, and does not have a specific information page on ASRock's website. They were sold to companies that made PCs sold already built. So ASRock does not support them in the usual way.

It seems the BIOS for the G41M-VS3 board will not install on the G41M-VGS3 board, which in one sense is not a surprise.

It would help if you were more specific about why you need a BIOS file for this board.

Hopefully an ASRock employee will post here with a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
        This seems to be a fairly common problem with the G41M-VGS3 board, which shares a manual with the G41M-VS3.

The only difference between these two boards is a different Atheros LAN chip. The G41M-VGS3 board seems to have not been sold in the usual retail way, and does not have a specific information page on ASRock's website. They were sold to companies that made PCs sold already built. So ASRock does not support them in the usual way.

It seems the BIOS for the G41M-VS3 board will not install on the G41M-VGS3 board, which in one sense is not a surprise.

It would help if you were more specific about why you need a BIOS file for this board.

Hopefully an ASRock employee will post here with a solution.
        I want to install 8Gb memory (2x4gb pc10600 1333 Mhz) but it doesn't work. I tried 2 different sets but it doesn't work both.
        I think bios update must fix my problem, or not?

Comment

The specs for the G41M-VS3, which will be the same for the G41M-VGS3 for the memory they use, show that 1333 memory is an OC of the memory, so not guaranteed to work.

Also, the memory specs say, "In order to maximize the system memory, please install two dual sided 4GB memory modules.". That means there are memory chips on both sides of the memory sticks. Is your new memory built like that?

When you put the new memory in the board, did you clear the CMOS/BIOS after that? You must do that when using new memory.

Can you get into the BIOS with the new memory, or will the board not POST? If you can get into the BIOS, set the memory to 1066 or 800, to at least see if it will work at all.

Who knows if a BIOS update would let your memory work, what BIOS version do you have now?

Who makes your new memory and what is the exact model number?

Comment

Working...
          X