Asrock 990FX Extreme9 motherboard won't wake up from sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock 990FX Extreme9 motherboard won't wake up from sleep

Hi, I just built a new PC using the Asrock 990FX Extreme9 motherboard. Everything so far seems to be working fine, except for the fact that when I put the computer to sleep, I'm unable to wake it back up using the keyboard or even the power button. What I have to do is unplug the power supply for a few seconds, plug it back in, then press the power button. I get a message that Windows is resuming, and it's as if the computer just woke up with all my programs still running and everything. I already went inside BIOS setup, ACPI settings, and set to enable waking up using the USB keyboard, but this is not working for me. Is there another settings that I might have missed? Appreciate any help I can get.

-Jerry

Re: Asrock 990FX Extreme9 motherboard won't wake up from sleep

Originally posted by jerrydy View Post
    Hi, I just built a new PC using the Asrock 990FX Extreme9 motherboard. Everything so far seems to be working fine, except for the fact that when I put the computer to sleep, I'm unable to wake it back up using the keyboard or even the power button. What I have to do is unplug the power supply for a few seconds, plug it back in, then press the power button. I get a message that Windows is resuming, and it's as if the computer just woke up with all my programs still running and everything. I already went inside BIOS setup, ACPI settings, and set to enable waking up using the USB keyboard, but this is not working for me. Is there another settings that I might have missed? Appreciate any help I can get.

-Jerry
    My guess is it has naught to do with the mainboard but rather with Windows7 still having problems waking up. It used to be a pain up the butt when Win7 was first released, so maybe it's not fixed yet. I've been using Win7 since pre-release and never ever used it's sleeping function...

Dunno what version you have, but check if you have the Win7 Service Pack and/or most relevant updates :)

Comment

Re: Asrock 990FX Extreme9 motherboard won't wake up from sleep

Originally posted by jerrydy View Post

-Jerry
      Hello!!

I've had an ASROCK 990FX for a few years now and mine doesn't wake up from sleep mode either. I think I posted something on overclockers about it. I also contacted other 990FX owners and they came to the same conclusion; our board doesn't "sleep".

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but at least you can stop ripping your hair out.

Comment

Working...
      X