X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X99 extreme 4 bios locking on over-clock multi over 40

Firstly Hi to everyone on the forum,

Now to business:

I have an x99 extreme 4 with 16gb crucial ddr4 (4x4) and a 5820k, bios version (1.60)

graphics = 290x

When I try to over-clock in the BIOS anything above 4gz it hard locks and i have to reboot. i increase the voltage no problems by as soon as the multi is put above 40 then that's it.

I can use the A-tune utility in windows to over-clock to 4.4ghz fine (well I can encode for 24 hrs at 4.4ghz) but when I try to apply exactly the same settings (voltage and multi) in the bios game over/ hard lock.

Has anyone else experience similar? I was wondering why I can apply in windows and over-clock appears fine. (when I increase the CPU speed the FPS does increase during encoding, so I assume its working)

I have reseated the CPU reapplied thermal paste, removed all but essentials and no difference, 4ghz limit in bios then it freezes/locks.

Thanks for any replies

Re: X99 extreme 4 bios locking on over-clock multi over 40

X99 Extreme4, Corsair GS700, G.Skill @2666, i7-5820k with Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo.

No problems with Bios v1.60 and Turbo 4.2 GHZ setting through BIOS though i didn't use it much cause i don't really need it now.

Comment

Working...
    X