X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock z87 Pro Gaming M/B sound query

Hi gang,

I am a newb on here - so hi

I am struggling to get VOXatc to initialise and it was fine before I changed to my current motherboard, cpu, and GPU.
    Intel core i7 4790k, ASRock z87 Professional gaming board, geforce gtx 970 GPU.

Obviously I uninstalled it (Voxatc) and even ran the regedit to remove any mention of Vox atc.

I downloaded the Game Blaster(v6.0.101.3005) software, installed and ran that ok.
    Strangely though I logged in this morning and no sound picked up. The built in sound SBRecon3Di had just dropped from sound settings.
    Mainboard Bios Version P1.70.

My query is this - if I go to uninstall programs, in the list are 'Realtek High Definition Audio Driver' and 'Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver'.
    Should they be there ? Especially the audio driver ?
    And should I re-install the game blaster software again and risk my sound just dropping again.

Any advice would be great.
    Terry

Re: Asrock z87 Pro Gaming M/B sound query

Originally posted by TerryT View Post
    Hi gang,

I am a newb on here - so hi

I am struggling to get VOXatc to initialise and it was fine before I changed to my current motherboard, cpu, and GPU.
    Intel core i7 4790k, ASRock z87 Professional gaming board, geforce gtx 970 GPU.

Obviously I uninstalled it (Voxatc) and even ran the regedit to remove any mention of Vox atc.

I downloaded the Game Blaster(v6.0.101.3005) software, installed and ran that ok.
    Strangely though I logged in this morning and no sound picked up. The built in sound SBRecon3Di had just dropped from sound settings.
    Mainboard Bios Version P1.70.

My query is this - if I go to uninstall programs, in the list are 'Realtek High Definition Audio Driver' and 'Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver'.
    Should they be there ? Especially the audio driver ?
    And should I re-install the game blaster software again and risk my sound just dropping again.

Any advice would be great.
    Terry
    Sounds like you moved a Windows installation from one mother board/CPU installation to another. Not good.

What was the board and CPU you used before this one? Did you install any drivers for your new board?

So you have two drivers, both Realtek, for hardware that does not exist on your new board. If that does not indicate a moved Windows installation, who knows what happened.

No they should not be there, those drivers are not listed on your new board's download page. There may be other drivers from your other board that are no longer needed.

The VoxATC software may need configuration, but with the confused driver installation you now have, that may not be the issue.

Comment

Working...
    X