Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Intel Brashwell SoC based boards from ASRock

Hi,
    I tend to use your products for my builds, currently running 3 boards.

I'm very excited about the new low-power Intel Brashwell SoC that has finally arrived. Are there any information related to your itx format range of these products and when will it be available (just an estimate, if more concrete not possible).

It remains to be seen if the Bashwell SoC is really a good choice for a low-powered yet powerful HTPC build. However, do you see the possibility to add SPDIF optical out to (some) of the itx boards in your product range using the Brashwell SoC? Please don't leave optical out, it is essential for many excellent home systems where an excellent amp is used but it still doesn't have HDMI input. I have a powerful amp and optical is excellent for me, no way to change the amp just because of the hdmi audio (even if I miss DTS-HD/True-HD).

Looking forward to your answer!
    Thanks!

EDIT: sorry, I accidentally added a poll, and I can't remove it now. A mod can freely delete the poll, thanks!
    jhj
    0%
    jhjh
    0%
    jhjh
    0%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by gurabli; 04-10-2015, 03:23 AM. Reason: Poll

Re: New Intel Brashwell SoC based boards from ASRock

Dear gurabli,

I'm ASRock HQ Technical team.
    Regarding of Bashwell (SoC) series product, we will follow Intel road map schedule to release this series product.
    The time will be about 2015 Q2.
    If have any update news & information, we will release on our official website.
    ASRock

ASRock TSD
    Eddy

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
      Dear gurabli,

I'm ASRock HQ Technical team.
      Regarding of Bashwell (SoC) series product, we will follow Intel road map schedule to release this series product.
      The time will be about 2015 Q2.
      If have any update news & information, we will release on our official website.
      ASRock

ASRock TSD
      Eddy
      Dear Eddy,

thank you for your answer!
      I will keep an eye on the site for new information. It should be near, we are already in the second quarter of 2015:)

Do you have any information regarding the optical out on (some) of your boards, as you did with the B-Trail models, like Q1900-ITX.
      I believe the SoC doesn't support optical out, only 2.1 analogue audio, but you used the Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec. I really hope you will include a similar product in you Brashwell product range as well.

Relying on the already available information, Brashwell will be the ideal HTPC board, finally. As the limitations of the B-Trail GPU is so bad, it struggles with 1080i content and proper resizing (Lancoz3). The Gen 8 graphics should be the right path, and if no further limitations are introduced by Intel (let's hope not) then we really have the BEST htpc board ever: extra low power consumption, passive cooling, itx form factor, GPU capable of 1080i hardware deinterlacing (guys at Kodi are doing an excellent job, just give them proper hardware to work with), capable of upscaling SD content to 1080 using best quality Lancoz3, hdmi DTS-HD passthrough, OPTICAL out for DTS and DD5.1, 2.0 PCM.

If it comes at reasonable price, you could be the one who make the perfect htpc board! Believe me, with the Kodi team support that they are doing with the Linux (and Windows too) drivers and optimizations, these boards will sell very nice. However, please note, that the Haswell desktop CPU-s are already doing a great job and all this, even the cheapest Celerons, but they are actively cooled and consume much more power (although not so much, ranging from 20-40W from idle and full load). You need to make a really attractive board if you are interested in this segment for a decent price, otherwise most of us who already own a Haswell htpc will not be tempted to switch.

These are my two cents, I really believe I managed to contribute a little to the finally best htpc board, and I do hope it will come from ASRock!

Comment

@ASRock TSD-Eddy

Hi, I see that ASRock N3150-ITX boards are finally available and they are very nice boards.
        Could you please update us when can we expect the announced N3150DC-ITX version, as many of us would like to get the version of this board with DC in. It is still not listed on your site. Will it be available within few weeks time?

Many thanks!

Comment

Dear gurabli,

We do have N3150DC-ITX product it will be available recently.
          Please concern our website for latest news.
          But not all product will be sold worldwide.
          We suggest to kindly contact your local dealer for the availability of this model in your region.
          ASRock > Where to buy

Thanks for your inquiry.
          ASRock TSD
          Eddy

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
            Dear gurabli,

We do have N3150DC-ITX product it will be available recently.
            Please concern our website for latest news.
            But not all product will be sold worldwide.
            We suggest to kindly contact your local dealer for the availability of this model in your region.
            ASRock > Where to buy

Thanks for your inquiry.
            ASRock TSD
            Eddy
            Thank you! I hope it will be available in the European Union (UK or Germany).

Are there any recommendations regarding the power brick that should be used for the DC version of the board in terms of input Voltage, or it doesn't matter if the power brick is 12V or 19V?

Comment

It's now mid August and the ASRock N3150DC-ITX is still NOT available in the UK!

I emailed ASRock in the Netherlands twice - they do not reply!

I have a Mini-ITX case, an SSD, two memory sticks and a Windows 7 license waiting for one of these.

This is very frustrating.

Some EU suppliers say they have stock BUT I do not trust the information and most do not ship to the UK - those that do, charge hefty shipping fees.

Could someone from ASRock PLEASE confirm whether or not the N3150DC-ITX will be available in the UK and whether or not it will ship with a power brick.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X