Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Z97 Extreme6 & Samsung SM951 NVME

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about building e new desktop, and I'm interested to know if someone with the Z97 Extreme6, managed to boot from the Samsung SM951 NVME version (NOT the AHCI version), for the records I've already saw the motherboard is compatible with the AHCI version, but the NVME is not mentioned (yet).

I've googled the matter, but I didn't find a definitive and solid answer, some people say the SM951 is compatible, but they don't specify if it's the NVME version.

Thanks!

Re: [INFO] Z97 Extreme6 & Samsung SM951 NVME

Originally posted by cata81 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about building e new desktop, and I'm interested to know if someone with the Z97 Extreme6, managed to boot from the Samsung SM951 NVME version (NOT the AHCI version), for the records I've already saw the motherboard is compatible with the AHCI version, but the NVME is not mentioned (yet).

I've googled the matter, but I didn't find a definitive and solid answer, some people say the SM951 is compatible, but they don't specify if it's the NVME version.

Thanks!

just check out the manual for the mobo online. The problem with the z97 and cpu is lack of lanes so when u read the manual u should notice what you loose.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastian869 View Post
      just check out the manual for the mobo online. The problem with the z97 and cpu is lack of lanes so when u read the manual u should notice what you loose.
      do you mean the lack of PCI-E lanes? Is not my plan to build a SLI/Crossfire, if the VGA will run @ 8x will be fine for me.

Comment

Dear cata81,

Z97 Extreme6 can support NVME type of SM951 device as boot up device.
        Please update latest BIOS from our website.

Please also note below information:
        1.Please install OS at GPT mode.
        2.We suggest to install this NVME device under windows8.1 environment for better compatibility.
        Due to windows7,8 didn't contain with native NVME driver it need to embedded in driver manually.
        It's windows OS limitation, this part we suggest to refer website to install yourself for try.

ASRock TSD
        Eddy

Comment

Working...
        X