Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to upgrade Vital Mother Board Drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to upgrade Vital Mother Board Drivers?

How should one approach updating drivers for their motherboard (basically all of the vital drivers that

come with the MOBO on CD/DVD for audio, INF, LAN, Management Engine, SATA and USB)
    Do you really need to bother with updating each and if not which do you bother updating and what is the best way to do so?

Re: What is the best way to upgrade Vital Mother Board Drivers?

Hello
    Unfortunately sometimes new drivers are not optimized for full range of hardware they support, thus, a new driver version may have negative effect on performance of a specific chip. For this, after any update, one should do a full check of performance and quality of the a driver. This process is boring and time consuming specially if you hadn't problem with previous driver. Regarding this, I recommend look for update drivers over long period of times, for example every one year.
    But if you are installing a new Windows or establishing a system for first time, it is not bad to collect most recent drivers.
    Last edited by bahram_alinezhad; 07-10-2015, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bahram_alinezhad View Post
      Hello
      Unfortunately sometimes new drivers are not optimized for full range of hardware they support, thus, a new driver version may have negative effect on performance of a specific chip. For this, after any update, one should do a full check of performance and quality of the a driver. This process is boring and time consuming specially if you hadn't problem with previous driver. Regarding this, I recommend look for update drivers over long period of times, for example every one year.
      But if you are installing a new Windows or establishing a system for first time, it is not bad to collect most recent drivers.
      All good points. Though i think ur right about the stuff like win 10 coming can change stuff and can finally make MOBO site actually update their site, ud think it's like their throwing money out of manhattan windows
      . The odd part is i have new gear so i dont get why its so hard to asrock to update its site for z97 extreme 6 prob on of their best sellets ever. Though from what ive heard the irony is that win 10 is supposed to come with a lot of built in drivers. Thus, u dont have to install asmedia SATA before actual win 7 install. with sites like its hard to figure out where they get these drivers. For some reason this MOBOs components are the biggest pain in the ass ive ever come accross. For ex i cant seem to dl ONE drivers off asmedias site. Realtek geve me a virus cuz wasnt paying close attention and left .TW and press DL and nothing happen thank god knew enough to disconnect the lan till i cleaned it up. But i did get a virus from that one my first in like 5 yrs. also is pretty good but again u dont know the source. TAKE CARE

Comment

When I build a new system, I get all the latest drivers for each device, chip set, etc. directly from it's manufacturer. I rarely use drivers that come with the board, or from the board maker's site. After that, if everything is working properly, I tend to never update them again. I have had driver updates cause issues far more often than they have increased performance.

For instance, I recently updated my Intel AHCI drivers to see if it would increase performance. It didn't. But after updating, I would no longer get the "Safely remove device" icon in the taskbar when I turned my external e-sata drives on. Rolling back the driver brought that functionality back.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamM2 View Post
          When I build a new system, I get all the latest drivers for each device, chip set, etc. directly from it's manufacturer. I rarely use drivers that come with the board, or from the board maker's site. After that, if everything is working properly, I tend to never update them again. I have had driver updates cause issues far more often than they have increased performance.

For instance, I recently updated my Intel AHCI drivers to see if it would increase performance. It didn't. But after updating, I would no longer get the "Safely remove device" icon in the taskbar when I turned my external e-sata drives on. Rolling back the driver brought that functionality back.

Thanks, for the reply its been real helpful. I too used to installed drivers and leave em but recently ive
          been trying to find updates for all (Obviously now there are new use cuz of 10 but that an anomaly)
          Prob i had is i have asrock z97 extreme6 mobo and their "updates" were old as dirt till now w/10.

Comment

Working...
          X