Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z77 motherboards missing Windows 10 drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77 motherboards missing Windows 10 drivers?

Good day to you all,

Sorry if this has been asked a lot of times but I really wanted to know if there's any idea or confirmation from Asrock on releasing Windows 10 drivers for Z77 motherboards, specifically mine which is the Z77 Pro4.

I can see in the motherboards list on Asrock's website that all the Z77, H77, H61 en B75 motherboard series don't have drivers for Windows 10. They're all gathered in 1 table, while all the mobo's in the tables above do have Windows 10 drivers, which makes me think there's a chance Asrock will ignore my motherboard from now on.

Any thoughts?

ASRock > Z77 Pro4
    However, we still recommend to choose the OS supported by this model for better using experience and driver support.

Best wishes
    Eddy
    Last edited by ASRock TSD-Eddy; 08-03-2015, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Re: Z77 motherboards missing Windows 10 drivers?

Originally posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
      ASRock > Z77 Pro4
      However, we still recommend to choose the OS supported by this model for better using experience and driver support.

Best wishes
      Eddy

Does that mean there will be no Windows 10 drivers by Asrock for the Z77 Pro4 in the future?
      Last edited by JohnnyGui; 08-03-2015, 08:08 AM.

Comment

I think it's called Planned obsolescence

Comment

You can expect Windows 10 to have the drivers for such common hardware as a Z77 motherboard included. Otherwise look here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com
          ---
          Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Dear JohnnyGui,

We have made a micro site for Window 10 supported models.
            Please refer to the information of drivers and BIOS version from the link : ASRock Windows 10

For other models which are not on the list, please use Windows 10 inbox driver first.
            If any further question, please contact us by ASRock Support Page: ASRock > Support Request Form

ASRock TSD
            Eddy

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
              Dear JohnnyGui,

We have made a micro site for Window 10 supported models.
              Please refer to the information of drivers and BIOS version from the link : ASRock Windows 10

For other models which are not on the list, please use Windows 10 inbox driver first.
              If any further question, please contact us by ASRock Support Page: ASRock > Support Request Form

ASRock TSD
              Eddy
              I understand that I'd have to use the Windows 10 inbox drivers since the Z77 is not shown in the list you provided. My question is if there WILL be Windows 10 drivers provided by Asrock itself for the Z77 in the future or not.

Comment

No one who has an idea on this?

Comment

If you are looking for a specific Yes or No - Eddy says to use the supplied W10 drivers = No.
                  If there is a specific issue reported that might be attributed to Asrock implementation of the MB vs. the reference Z77 MB they might reconsider later but for now you should assume the W10 drivers will be your best fit.

To be fair, Intel and MB drivers are normally not much different, and Hopefully MS has done a reasonable job on generic component drivers, (they did for W7) it will probably be the older peripherals that create any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Britgeezer View Post
                    If you are looking for a specific Yes or No - Eddy says to use the supplied W10 drivers = No.
                    If there is a specific issue reported that might be attributed to Asrock implementation of the MB vs. the reference Z77 MB they might reconsider later but for now you should assume the W10 drivers will be your best fit.

To be fair, Intel and MB drivers are normally not much different, and Hopefully MS has done a reasonable job on generic component drivers, (they did for W7) it will probably be the older peripherals that create any problems.
                    He also said that if there's any driver update, it will be posted on the Pro4 Z77 download page, so it's still not very clear to me. However, seeing how all newer mobos are immediately updated, I think they'll pass this one.

Comment

Dear JohnnyGui,

Thanks for your inquiry,
                      About the windows10 driver, it is depends on chipset vendor.
                      You can also refer Mr. "SandsOfTime" at this thread provides of Intel driver download link to check.
                      Currently we suggest to use inbox (native) driver and upgrade compatible installation for Z77 motherboard.

ASRock TSD
                      Eddy

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyGui View Post
                        Does that mean there will be no Windows 10 drivers by Asrock for the Z77 Pro4 in the future?
                        Sounds like it to me.

I tried Win10 on my machine (with a Z77 Extreme6), and my Kaspersky got sliced up bad enough that the icon was missing; and in upgrading to a slightly newer Kaspersky build, the program failed to activate 12 background antivirus and security operations. When I downgraded back to Win7, my Kaspersky went missing even though the icon was still there, and I couldn't access or activate my Windows Backup (Error 0x81000031).

I don't want to give up my 2700K. It is fast enough to do any job that a 4790K can do. Maybe we'll get lucky, and Win10 Service Pack 1 will resolve any issues related to Sandy Bridge boards, which are only 4 years old.
                        Last edited by CookyMonzta; 08-12-2015, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X