Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catastrophe. Firmware update reset RAID configuration. Please HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catastrophe. Firmware update reset RAID configuration. Please HELP!

Today I was browsing through the A-tuning application. I have an ASRock Z97 Extreme4 MoBo. I noticed an option to download a newer version of the UEFI firmware. So, I started downloading the newer version. Then before I knew it, without any warning it automatically started flashing the new firmware, after which my computer became unbootable. The OS had been installed on two disks in a RAID0 configuration. Now the second disk is no longer a RAID member. If I use the Intel RAID configuration utility to reset up the RAID volume, all data will be lost; at least that is what the warning says. Is there any way to get my RAID configuration back without losing data. It would be a real PITA to lose all of my data then have to reinstall the OS with all the drivers, and applications, etc.
    ASRock really needs to include a warning in the firmware update utility about this issue.

Re: Catastrophe. Firmware update reset RAID configuration. Please HELP!

Enter UEFI and select SATA configuration, is it still in RAID mode? If no, change it back to RAID.
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Re: Catastrophe. Firmware update reset RAID configuration. Please HELP!

Originally posted by SandsOfTime View Post
      Enter UEFI and select SATA configuration, is it still in RAID mode? If no, change it back to RAID.
      It is still in RAID mode.

Comment

Working...
      X