z97 extreme 6 950 pro possible issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z97 extreme 6 950 pro possible issues

Ive spent the last few days fighting a windows 10 install, I finally got it installed on my new 950 pro but ive got some questions.

in the bios the 950pro shows up in the boot order but in the storage section it list no drives present in either of the m2 slots. when i go the the system viewer and hover over the ultra m.2 slot it says mass storage controller. Is any of that seem normal?

Im not sure if this drive is running properly the read and writes are up there were they should be(~1900&900) but the drive is not any faster than my old 60gb vertex3. Opening games loading screens boot times are also the same
    h1z1 from clicking play to when the click to continue appears is 29 sec for the vertex3 34 for the 950pro.

Any help would be much appreciated.

bios ver. 2.5
    latest nvme driver from samsung.

Re: z97 extreme 6 950 pro possible issues

Originally posted by banginheep View Post
    Ive spent the last few days fighting a windows 10 install, I finally got it installed on my new 950 pro but ive got some questions.

in the bios the 950pro shows up in the boot order but in the storage section it list no drives present in either of the m2 slots. when i go the the system viewer and hover over the ultra m.2 slot it says mass storage controller. Is any of that seem normal?

Im not sure if this drive is running properly the read and writes are up there were they should be(~1900&900) but the drive is not any faster than my old 60gb vertex3. Opening games loading screens boot times are also the same
    h1z1 from clicking play to when the click to continue appears is 29 sec for the vertex3 34 for the 950pro.

Any help would be much appreciated.

bios ver. 2.5
    latest nvme driver from samsung.
    Had near exact same issue. I contacted ASRock tech re: same, and the response from Asrockamerica.com tech was
    "Next upcoming bios will resolve the issue, and correct the Samsung 950 NVME not being recognized. "

Comment

Working...
    X