Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black screen and code 99 from Dr. debug. Only CPU and 1 DIMM connected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black screen and code 99 from Dr. debug. Only CPU and 1 DIMM connected.

Ok I got this new build and im trying to boot it up. I encountered some problems because i only get a error 99 code and a black monitor when i power the motherboard up. Fans start and leds are blinking, but no "beep"

So this is what i tried so far:
    - Disconnected everything but keyboard via USB, CPU, CPU fan,1 memory DIMM, mobo power supply and cpu power supply. I need the keyboard connected, if not i get a different error message saying i need to connect a keyboard.
    - Checked for bent pins on CPU, it was OK.
    - Tried different DIMMS for different slot.
    - Tried CMOS reset by removing battery and moving CMOS pin to clear, left it for about five hours and inserted battery again.
    - Removed mobo from chasis.
    - Disconnected every cable and reapplied.
    - I was carefull assembling the system and no electrical discharge should have accurred.

So i suspect either the CPU or the motherboard is defect? Maybe Memory?

I dont want to open an RMA on each part, because it could cost me 80 USD for each part the manufacturer has to check, that turns out to be OK. If the part is broken its free.

This is a link from PCpartpicked to what parts i have Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core, Carbide Quiet 600Q ATX Mid Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker
    Last edited by Simen; 08-07-2016, 03:52 PM.

Re: Black screen and code 99 from Dr. debug. Only CPU and 1 DIMM connected.

Ok problem solved. My monitor was set on using display port when i used the HDMI port. So that solved the monitor problem.
    The Error 99 disappeared when i entred the bios, and from there everything worked out fine.

Other than that i gotta say the motherboard i pretty nice... I was suprised how easy it was to update drivers and Bios, even without any disc. reader.

Comment

Working...
    X