Long Win10 Load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Win10 Load

Hey everybody. Experiencing an ongoing issue with my newest build: post screen is fine but when the Win10 logo appears on the screen, it spins for exactly 3 minutes every single time. I think it might have something to do with an old HD I threw in from a previous build from years ago since it has stuff on it I want. Everything runs fine once I'm in Windows, but it feels like there's something in the BIOS that doesn't like all the different HDs I have in my system. While waiting the 3 minutes for the Win10 logo to disappear, the keyboard is dead, but then the Numlock key will light up and everything seems to "decide" to proceed into windows.
    HW config is as follows:

MB: Asrock X370 Prof. Gaming
    CPU: Ryzen 1700
    RAM: 16 GB Corsair @ 3000
    HDs: 1) Samsung 960 Evo M.2 256GB (boot drive)
    2)Sandisk 64GB SSD
    3)PNY 480GB SSD
    4)WD 1GB HD
    5)WD 640 GB HD (w/ old version of Win7)

I have the boot order setup to ignore the old HD's entirely, but oddly, if I leave out the PNY 480 SSD from the boot list, it prompts me to attach a HD of some sort with a bootable OS on it, even though the PNY 480 never had an OS installed to it at any point- it's mostly just Steam games and a few miscellaneous programs.

3 minutes is way too long to bootup, so if anybody has any suggestions I'm all ears.
Working...
X