Sabertooth Z77 performance doesn't seem right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabertooth Z77 performance doesn't seem right

If everything works right, in my sig are my two systems. One AsRock Extreme4 and the Sabertooth Z77. The sig probably shows each with a GTX560Ti PBF, but that has changed. The Saberooth now contains both 560's in SLI and the Extreme4 has a GTX670 FTW Sig2.

Both computers seem to run fine, both are overclocked @ 44 on the multiplier. I had ran Passmark previously, about a year ago and both computers were very close to one another in performance with the Sabertooth getting a slight edge in the CPU.

I downloaded the Passmark 8 software and ran the tests last night. The Extreme4 screamed, and when compared to other CPU's on the passmark website, there were only about a dozen (running at stock speeds) that were faster. After running it on the Sabertooth, I was shocked at how that machine compared. WAY down! Just in general reference, the CPU rating compared to that of an older i7 920!

The only thing I've changed between a year ago and now are the video cards and I updated the BIOS on both boards just this month to the most current. I've set the OC settings exactly as I used to have them, I'm just scratching my head here at this. The systems should still nearly be identical.

I ran CPUZ, then ran the passmark bench mark and while it tests out the CPU, the CPU starts at clock X16 and maybe works it way to X38-39 (on the sabertooth board). When I run it on the extreme4, it starts at X16 and then jumps to X44 and pretty much stays there until the CPU test is compete. The sabertooth hovers in the ~20's for the most part, I just don't understand why.

I went back to the BIOS on the Sabertooth and select the OC tuner and let it run. It sets the machine to X43 with a BCLK of 103, where as I set it to X44 and leave the BCLK at 100.

Both computers are SSD and both are running 1866 memory. The extreme4 gets much higher scores, in fact the highest in the memory of the allotted test comparisons within the program. The Sabertooth rates below 10600 memory. It didn't used to do this.

Any ideas to point me in the right direction? Wei is 7.8 on both for cpu and 7.9 for everything else on both.
    Rod

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ASUS Sabertooth Z77
    i7-2600k i7-2600k
    G-Skill 16GB Ripjaw X DDR3 1866 G-Skill 16GB Sniper DDR3 1866
    Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 3.0 Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 2.0
    EVGA GTX670FTW Sig2 EVGA 2XGTX560Ti FPB SLI
    Corsair HX850 Silver Plus Cooler Master Silent Pro 850
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Re: Sabertooth Z77 performance doesn't seem right

Apparently a false alarm. After checking and rechecking BIOS settings, removing added memory (back to original 8GB), there was no change. I uninstalled the passmark 8 software and reinstalled and this machine now scores up there with the other, in some instances it scores higher.
    Rod

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ASUS Sabertooth Z77
    i7-2600k i7-2600k
    G-Skill 16GB Ripjaw X DDR3 1866 G-Skill 16GB Sniper DDR3 1866
    Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 3.0 Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 2.0
    EVGA GTX670FTW Sig2 EVGA 2XGTX560Ti FPB SLI
    Corsair HX850 Silver Plus Cooler Master Silent Pro 850
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X