Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

hi
    I would like to know which RAM I need to buy to run all 8 GB on MA790X-UD4P in (64bit). I reviewed the supported Memory list for this motherboard and then purchased 8GB "100$" of G.Skill F28500CL5D 2GB X 2 (four sticks 2 GB each) I know that its rated 1066 and at 5 5 5 15 so I tried just 2 sticks at 64 bit 1066 and nothing. 64 bit wont even boot with 2 sticks at 800Mhz. I would like to try it at 5 7 7 20 but when you drop down to 800 Mhz the options for 7T disappears and timings go to 3 4 5 6.

Settings are as suggested by G.Skill they have great customer support!
    DDR2 Voltage Control 2.1
    Northbridge Volt Control 1.4 (for stability tried with and without)
    Memory Clock x5.33
    5T 5T 5T 5T 15
    with 4 GB this setting works great but thats with 32 bit and at 4GB. I need 64 bit 8GB.

For 800 Mhz. I tried the same just dropped the Mem Clock to 800Mhz, DDR2 2.1 and tried with and without Northbridge setting 1.4
    still not working. It will boot but it won't go past the Gigabyte Post screen.

Mem test shows all four are good and I'm not going to send them back saying they are defective so now I'm stuck with 100$ of this after reading the "Recommended Memory"

Comment

Are you raising your tRFC as well? If not, you will need to for 4-8GB, try 195ns then 327

And yes, you will likely have to run them at 800-900 or so when you use all 8GB

Comment

Its a nogo on both of those tRFC settings at 800 and 900 Mhz. It may be something inbetween. I can post to the Gigabyte screen but it wont go past that. Is there "any" kit that has been proven to work 8GB on this board with AMD at 64 bit. I'm not really going to use all 8GB maybe 6 at most but the whole thing that gets to me is looking at two empty slots and knowing that I should be able to get 8GB into this board in a 64Bit O.S. MA790X-UD4P. I noticed your post about Mushkin RAM so I contacted them and maybe they have something that works. Mushkin says they are trying to find an answer G.Skill says 8Gb is too much for this board and overloads it. I think that nobody knows what they are doing and the receptionist at Gigabyte is running 8GB on this board right now.
        Last edited by 323STARZ; 06-25-2009, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Hey techaddict
          Is there a different utility that I can use to verify the voltage settings on the memory, CPU, etc.?

Here is a easy download program to show your memory voltage, and other settings for Windows. In some cases memory voltage will be recognized as vin1.
          This is not cpuz it is hardware moniter
          CPUID

By artdrivers at 2009-06-24
          Last edited by artdrivers; 06-24-2009, 03:07 PM.
          http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
          http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
          Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
          Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
          Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
          4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
          (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
          (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
          (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
          Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
          Mid size ATX case with show through panel
          2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
          Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
          Logitech G500 USB mouse
          Monitor: CMV937A
          7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
          Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Originally posted by 323STARZ View Post
            Its a nogo on both of those tRFC settings at 800 and 900 Mhz. It may be something inbetween. I can post to the Gigabyte screen but it wont go past that. Is there "any" kit that has been proven to work 8GB on this board with AMD at 64 bit. I'm not really going to use all 8GB maybe 6 at most but the whole thing that gets to me is looking at two empty slots and knowing that I should be able to get 8GB into this board in a 64Bit O.S. MA790X-UD4P. I noticed your post about Mushkin RAM so I contacted them and maybe they have something that works. Mushkin says they are trying to find an answer G.Skill says 8Gb is too much for this board and overloads it. I think that nobody knows what they are doing and the receptionist at Gigabyte is running 8GB on this board right now.
            I am not sure really, have you tried any off the QVL? I can say, I don't understand why you are having such issues with 8GB as long as you are underclocking it. Maybe you have some other setting off or something?

I dont have an AMD Template, but can you post me all the settings you are trying when you try 800-900 and I will see if I see anything out of the ordinary. And also please include a screenshot of Memset running with any settings you can boot with

Comment

I am trying to install a radeon HD 2600 Pro video card on my GA-MA74GM-S2(rev. 2.0) motherboard but when I boot it up, nothing displays. I have tried the card on a different machine and it works fine but it wont work on this one. I have a geforce 7200gs that works in the slot. Any help?

Comment

rushjet06 I can try to help you will want to uninstall your video drivers and software first. Go to add and remove programs. Uninstall Geforce/nvidia software when ask to shut down no. Be sure you click on the ati software uninstaller if it is present and uninstall that software as well. It may give you the option to leave your chipset software that is fine. Now it will ask you if you want to shut down click yes. When the sytem restarts and beeps and you see the memory click delete several times to go into your bios. Go into your advanced bios features and set the init display first on PEG That is for PCIE click esc y for save settings and reboot. Shut off the computer remove the power chord and Geforce card and install the ATI card and plug the power chord back in and turn it on. Now you should go into Windows but you will need to install the HD2600 driver software. It is best to download that software driver package from your ATI Radeon card manufacturer. Read page 40 in your manual. http://china.giga-byte.com/FileList/...4gm_v2.0_e.pdf
                Last edited by artdrivers; 06-25-2009, 05:51 PM.
                Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

Originally posted by artdrivers View Post
                  Now you should go into Windows but you will need to install the HD2600 driver software. It is best to download that software driver package from your ATI Radeon card manufacturer. Read page 40 in your manual. http://china.giga-byte.com/FileList/...4gm_v2.0_e.pdf
                  How would I get into windows with the Ati card in there? It shows no video, not even the boot screen.

Comment

Originally posted by artdrivers
                    rushjet06 Have you tried everything I suggested already? Your graphics may be set up for onboard graphics. If it wont display on the card it probably will on the onboard connector. If it does display on the onboard connector you need to disable it in bios. But you nust uninstall all the software and drivers in windows or you may find yourself installing windows again.

I have tried disabling the onboard video and it gives me the beep code for no video(only on the ati card). I know it isn't drivers becuase it has no video before it even makes it to windows to load drivers. I can remove drivers from the equasion(run it barebones with no harddrives) and it still wont show anything.

Comment

rushjet06 Your BIOS may be set up for onboard graphics. OK well leave the 7200 in and go into your bios and set it to PEG first then save and reboot and unistall all graphics drivers and software. shut down unplug and change cards. If it wont display on the card it probably will on the onboard connector. If it does display on the onboard connector you need to disable the onboard in bios. But you must uninstall all the graphics software and drivers in windows before installing the new card, or you may find yourself installing windows again.
                      Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                      Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

Are the connectors the same? OK check the 4 pin connector to be sure it is getting power to the card.
                        Last edited by artdrivers; 06-25-2009, 06:45 PM.
                        Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                        Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

Also you said you tried the card out on another computer. Was it on the VGA or DVI? That also could be an issue for you to check. We are just trying to cover all the bases here.
                          Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                          Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

Card has no 4pin power connector and has no vga, only 2 dvi connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by rushjet06 View Post
                              Card has no 4pin power connector and has no vga, only 2 dvi connectors.
                              Odd my Saphire HD 2600 does it takes a floppy wire in the front.
                              Please let me know the brand and model of card you have? Try each of the dvi ports.
                              Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                              Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

Here's a pic of the card I found. Slide show

It is VisionTek Radeon hd 2600 Pro model number 26P512OCPCIe

And yes I have tried both of the connectors.

Comment

Working...
                                X