Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Let us know how you get along trying that, and please let me know what voltages are actually applied when you set Auto, Normal, and 1.3V.

If needed I can ask if Gigabyte can add in 1.25 as well for lower voltage modules, if "Normal" or Auto does not give that value, and 1.3 is not close to 1.25

Comment

Neither the XM. profil1 and neither the profil2 is out of order... (XMP settings correct?!)

From the sole working setting the pictures here can be found, but shows here, that 1,5 Volt give... (manual settings, XMP disabled)

Dont run away neither 1,3 on 1,4 Volt, I do not experiment time.... BIOS is needed refreshing....

When expected the new bios what supports the modules with low voltage memory modules current?

Comment

Disable XMP

Set BIOS 1.3V, what voltage to you get on reboot?

Set BIOS normal, what voltage to you get on reboot?

Set BIOS auto, what voltage do you get on reboot?

I see you are using Fail Safe settings, please start all this testing (And future use) with Optimized Defaults.

Comment

Disabled XMP

BIOS load optimized...
          (safe load 700-700mV, optimized 900-900mV CPU and PCIE clock drive)

Run AUTO mod:

Run 1,3V mod:

Run Normal mod:

Comment

It looks like your last two tests, second one for sure, may need you to manually set QPI/Vtt.

Try setting 1.3 again, but this time also try setting your own QPI/Vtt, try 1.15-1.24

Comment

1.)

How large the QPI/Vtt Voltage may be minimum and maximum value the H55N in motherboard?

Default QPI/Vtt Voltage 1,05V

2.)

What kind of values I shall set the Ram Standard Timing Control?
              (9-9-9-27-36....)
              or use automatic settings?

Comment

Thank you for the help until now, I stop it now...

I do not believe in the fact that this works, for me at least no...

I sell the memory and I buy an other type, this motherboard with this is out of order with the type...(maybe the BIOS refreshing...F5, F6...maybe...)

Thx.

Comment

• RAID 0 on sata 3

I am back to report that running RAID 0 on the sata 3 slots on the x58a-ud5 rev 2 with sata 3 hard drives is slow, I didn't even brother with bench marks because it was so slow. I ran the same drives on intel raid controller and index was 6.4 and on the sata 3 slots it was 6.2. That is with the updated drivers.

So, looking into getting one 120gb SSD and running my main programs off of and running two WD C/Blacks 640gb in RAID 0 for the rest of my stuff and a 1.5TB drive for back up. Thoughts.
                  For those that didn't see my posts earlier, system spec's.
                  X58A-UD5 rev.2
                  i980X CPU
                  Med. CPU cooler
                  Corsair 2000mHz Ram @ 8-8-8-24
                  Corsair AX1200w PSU
                  HAF X case
                  5870 Vapor X in Crossfire

Thoughts on the fastest/best drives to run and on what slots.

Comment

I am update motherboard BIOS F5b -->> to F5 final but problem not solved.... :((

The H55N is incompatible the Kingstone DDR3 low voltage ram modules!!!

None XMP a profile does not work with him!

With manual settings 1,5V-on is going only...

I now big one I was disappointed... :((

Comment

Originally posted by AlexRogan View Post
                      1.)

How large the QPI/Vtt Voltage may be minimum and maximum value the H55N in motherboard?

Default QPI/Vtt Voltage 1,05V

2.)

What kind of values I shall set the Ram Standard Timing Control?
                      (9-9-9-27-36....)
                      or use automatic settings?
                      I am update motherboard BIOS F5b -->> to F5 final but problem not solved.... :((

The H55N is incompatible the Kingstone DDR3 low voltage ram modules!!!

None XMP a profile does not work with him!

With manual settings 1,5V-on is going only...

I now big one I was disappointed... :((
                      Set your ram to spec timings, then try 1.3V, and the QPI Voltages I suggested (Try 1.15-1.25).

The memory may not be compatible, is it on the QVL list, or did Kingston say it is compatible?

Even if neither list say it is, you should still try 1.3-1.4V, and all the QPI voltages between the above suggested amounts before you decide to give up on the memory

Originally posted by wetfit9 View Post
                      I am back to report that running RAID 0 on the sata 3 slots on the x58a-ud5 rev 2 with sata 3 hard drives is slow, I didn't even brother with bench marks because it was so slow. I ran the same drives on intel raid controller and index was 6.4 and on the sata 3 slots it was 6.2. That is with the updated drivers.

So, looking into getting one 120gb SSD and running my main programs off of and running two WD C/Blacks 640gb in RAID 0 for the rest of my stuff and a 1.5TB drive for back up. Thoughts.
                      For those that didn't see my posts earlier, system spec's.
                      X58A-UD5 rev.2
                      i980X CPU
                      Med. CPU cooler
                      Corsair 2000mHz Ram @ 8-8-8-24
                      Corsair AX1200w PSU
                      HAF X case
                      5870 Vapor X in Crossfire

Nice to see you got it going, even if you didn't like it. I suspected you might not see great speeds on those ports, but I have only tested with SSD's in RAID on them. Not sure if I mentioned that to you previously or not, I think I might have.

The Marvell controller is OK for a single drive, but just can't keep up with RAID at all, and it's really only semi-acceptable for a single drive (SSD's is what my thoughts are based on here)

Your single SSD for OS and RAID array for the rest all sounds great. Or you could just run the SATA 6Gb/s drives on the Intel controller in RAID, that would work just fine too.

Hopefully Intel's SATA 6Gb/s native solution will be ready for use sometime soon!

Comment

Nice to see you got it going, even if you didn't like it. I suspected you might not see great speeds on those ports, but I have only tested with SSD's in RAID on them. Not sure if I mentioned that to you previously or not, I think I might have.

The Marvell controller is OK for a single drive, but just can't keep up with RAID at all, and it's really only semi-acceptable for a single drive (SSD's is what my thoughts are based on here)

Your single SSD for OS and RAID array for the rest all sounds great. Or you could just run the SATA 6Gb/s drives on the Intel controller in RAID, that would work just fine too.

Hopefully Intel's SATA 6Gb/s native solution will be ready for use sometime soon!

Well I decided to keep the V/Raptors in raid 0 on the intel ports and put my sata 6 back up drive on the sata 3.o ports. and be done with it.

I am just finishing up my son's build, X58A-UD3R, 930 cpu, with the WD Black 640 in RAID 0 and I will compare the speeds

Comment

Dont run QPI/Vtt 1.05-1,25V... :( Im tested, not work....
                          (1,25V magenta text - not white)

Gigabyte mem support list:

Second side, from above the second...

In the list he's in...
                          What is it possible to do at this time?

He was not tested according to me, got in only...

Comment

Hi,
                            I am having big problems with my new set-up.
                            Specs below.
                            I believe I have tried most troubleshooting options by removing, re-seating, limiting connections, removing battery etc etc......still no post (beep). All I get is a very faint tap from the internal speaker and no display at all.
                            Please help I have been wanting to bit-stream HD to my hi-fi system for sometime and I was hoping everything was going to go smoothly, especially after investing in some reasonably good quality components.

Specs:

Intel Core i5 661
                            Corsair CX-400 Power Supply
                            Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB HD103SJ
                            Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 mATX Motherboard (rev 1)
                            Lian Li PC-V352B Black
                            Corsair xms3 4GB: CMX4GX3M2A1600C9
                            Samsung SH-S223C SATA DVDRW with LightScribe

Sorry if I have not posted in the right order or location.
                            New to this forum.

Comment

D-Stator,
                              what is your video card?
                              Power supply is a bit small,try only with 1 RAM stick in white slot.

Comment

Originally posted by wetfit9 View Post

Well I decided to keep the V/Raptors in raid 0 on the intel ports and put my sata 6 back up drive on the sata 3.o ports. and be done with it.

I am just finishing up my son's build, X58A-UD3R, 930 cpu, with the WD Black 640 in RAID 0 and I will compare the speeds
                                I think how you have it is fine, do you have the SATA 6Gb/s in RAID or just single drives? If you want to RAID them it's probably best to do it on the Intel ports

Dont run QPI/Vtt 1.05-1,25V... :( Im tested, not work....
                                (1,25V magenta text - not white)

Gigabyte mem support list:

Second side, from above the second...

In the list he's in...
                                What is it possible to do at this time?

He was not tested according to me, got in only...
                                Intel raised QPI/Vtt max allowed to 1.4V, so you are fine trying pink values.

I am not sure what you mean about the QVL, is your exact memory on the PDF you linked?

Originally posted by D-Stator View Post
                                Hi,
                                I am having big problems with my new set-up.
                                Specs below.
                                I believe I have tried most troubleshooting options by removing, re-seating, limiting connections, removing battery etc etc......still no post (beep). All I get is a very faint tap from the internal speaker and no display at all.
                                Please help I have been wanting to bit-stream HD to my hi-fi system for sometime and I was hoping everything was going to go smoothly, especially after investing in some reasonably good quality components.

Specs:

Intel Core i5 661
                                Corsair CX-400 Power Supply
                                Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB HD103SJ
                                Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 mATX Motherboard (rev 1)
                                Lian Li PC-V352B Black
                                Corsair xms3 4GB: CMX4GX3M2A1600C9
                                Samsung SH-S223C SATA DVDRW with LightScribe

Sorry if I have not posted in the right order or location.
                                New to this forum.

I agree with Stasio, the power supply may not be adequate enough for this system

Comment

Working...
                                X