Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes, that is very likely the issue!

You need an older CPU such as 920 to post with so you can update the BIOS to F6 so it will be compatible with your 960 CPU.

How do you know BIOS F1 is flashed in there now?
    Gigabytes "global technical service" also said that was more than likely the problem as well after exhausting other possiblities. They referred me to the rma division to get it flashed with the F11 BIOS, just wanted a second opinion. I am fairly sure the BIOS is F1 or whatever original is, this board has been stored in box with the anti-static bag for almost a year now, due to unemployment I was forced to sell all other components and keep my crappy dell (cause those are HARD to sell!). It was only in use for less than a month and I don't remember ever udating the BIOS. I knew it would be a risk getting the 950 but i was hoping to at least get to the BIOS to flash.
    Thanks for the input and nice name

C

Comment

Originally posted by cip88 View Post
      Hello,
      I need some assistance with a GA-EX58-UD3R (Rev 1.0) board. This board was manufactured in 09 week 19. I recently purchased some new components for a second build with updated components. My problem is POST fails and I get a beep code that specifies a "power error". The PSU is brand new and to my understanding compatible with the board. I have tried many suggestions in order to get into BIOS but nothing works. All fans run and the phase LED's fully light up indicating max load on processor, only a few seconds after the beep code sounds. Is it possible that the older BIOS and the new i7 950 3.06 processor could be the problem, the gigabyte web site does indicate processor as compatible but with the F6 BIOS. Here are my system components. GA-EX58-UD3R (Rev 1.0)BIOS F1
      Intel i7 950 3.06GHz w/intel heatsink fan
      Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W PSU
      Gigabyte GeForce GTS 450 1G-GV-N450-1GI PCI-E 2.0
      Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1.5v TR3X6G1333C9 (2Gx3 kit)
      WD 1TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipower 64MB Cache WD10EARS
      Samsung BluRay internal SATA w/lightscribe SH-B083L/RSBP
      2 Coolermaster 120mm fans
      Windows 7 HP 64b(not yet installed)
      Coolermaster Elite 334 SE Nvidia case
      Any insight will be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks C.
      you already know your problem flash it with the F6 BIOS and your problem will be solved.
      Athlon II X3 440
      Kingston 2x2gb + 2X4gb Hyper-X
      ECS A880GM-AD3
      Sapphire Radeon HD6670 DDR5
      CM690 II Advance
      Seasonic M12II 520w
      Acer X193HQ 18.5"

Comment

Originally posted by cloud69 View Post
        you already know your problem flash it with the F6 BIOS and your problem will be solved.
        Ya I know it sounds like a simple fix but I simply don't have an old or used $285 920 just laying around to use.....lol

Comment

your best bet would be to take the chip and mb and latest bios on a usb stick to a local pc store and ask if they could flash it for you? or rma to gigabyte for them to do it
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
            your best bet would be to take the chip and mb and latest bios on a usb stick to a local pc store and ask if they could flash it for you? or rma to gigabyte for them to do it
            Thanks wazza300, I will look into the cost and time frame and compare with the gigabyte rma option. Gigabyte's global tech service online has already referred me in the rma direction and I have just received the ok for rma today. I was slightly leary of the online tech service from gigabyte because of the 3rd grade grammer when the support team replied! Second opinions are always a must.
            Thanks again to all of you that replied!
            Cip88

EDIT: Anyone have experience with gigabyte and rma's, TIME FRAME wise of course.
            Last edited by cip88; 11-12-2010, 10:44 AM. Reason: add comment

Comment

Gigabytes "global technical service" also said that was more than likely the problem as well after exhausting other possiblities. They referred me to the rma division to get it flashed with the F11 BIOS, just wanted a second opinion. I am fairly sure the BIOS is F1 or whatever original is, this board has been stored in box with the anti-static bag for almost a year now, due to unemployment I was forced to sell all other components and keep my crappy dell (cause those are HARD to sell!). It was only in use for less than a month and I don't remember ever udating the BIOS. I knew it would be a risk getting the 950 but i was hoping to at least get to the BIOS to flash.
              Thanks for the input and nice name

C
              Ya I think that's all you need, maybe you could find a cheap CPU on ebay or borrow from a friend to flash with?

Thanks wazza300, I will look into the cost and time frame and compare with the gigabyte rma option. Gigabyte's global tech service online has already referred me in the rma direction and I have just received the ok for rma today. I was slightly leary of the online tech service from gigabyte because of the 3rd grade grammer when the support team replied! Second opinions are always a must.
              Thanks again to all of you that replied!
              Cip88

EDIT: Anyone have experience with gigabyte and rma's, TIME FRAME wise of course.
              Don't know anyone you can borrow a 920 from? Or go to their house and make them let you use their CPU to flash with?

RMA is about 2 weeks give or take, probably just that or less since you live right there. You may even be able to call them up and see if you can bring your board by the office for a update, worth a try calling for sure!

Comment

Ya I think that's all you need, maybe you could find a cheap CPU on ebay or borrow from a friend to flash with?

Don't know anyone you can borrow a 920 from? Or go to their house and make them let you use their CPU to flash with?

RMA is about 2 weeks give or take, probably just that or less since you live right there. You may even be able to call them up and see if you can bring your board by the office for a update, worth a try calling for sure!

I sent if off yesterday to gigabyte, the local shop wanted too much money compared to the shipping. I wish I had a friend with a 920 rig, I would have been up and running a week ago!
                Now I wait patiently.....
                Cip

Comment

Ahh ok, well good luck on a quick return then!

Comment

I have a problem since I installed Window 7. I cant install Gigabyte drivers.What should I do?? I have GA-X38 DQ6.

Comment

What Gigabyte driver are you trying to install, it may not be needed.

Whatever it is, be sure you are using the latest drivers from your motherboard download page, or directly from the source such as Intel, Realtek, ect.
                      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-23-2010, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Please help me with GA-X58A-UD7.
                        All working fine until i send go to sleep mode command in Windows 7 x64. After wake up I see that all ICH10 USB host controllers not working (error code - 24). Then if I do reboot I have BSOD with code 0x1E.

I trying to unplug all USB devices (except keyboard and mouse) - issue still exists.
                        What can you recommend me to do to solve this issue. If you will need additional information - no problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        MB Model : GA-X58A-UD7(rev. 2.0)
                        BIOS Ver : FC6
                        CPU Model : Core i7 950
                        Operation System : Win 7 64-bit
                        Memory Size : 3х4096
                        Power Supply : 1000 W

RAID 1+0 on ICH10 controller (4 WDC HDD x 320 Gb).
                        Used 7 USB ports.
                        All drivers is latest versions from gigabyte site.
                        Last edited by Bishop; 11-27-2010, 09:01 AM.

Comment

What Gigabyte driver are you trying to install, it may not be needed.

Whatever it is, be sure you are using the latest drivers from your motherboard download page, or directly from the source such as Intel, Realtek, ect.
                          I am trying to install the following.

1) SCSI and RAID controllers :
                          GIGABYTE GBB36X Controller

2) System Devices :
                          Intel(R) X38 Express Chipset PCI Express Root Port - 29E1
                          Intel(R) X38 Express Chipset PCI Express Root Port - 29E9
                          Intel(R) X38 Express Chipset Processor to I/O Controller - 29E0

3) Universal Serial Bus controllers:
                          Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2934
                          Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2935
                          Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2936
                          Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2937
                          Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2938
                          Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2939
                          Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293A
                          Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293C

I got these results from "Driver Agent" which tells me that these drivers are in bad situation or not installed. Please tell what action should I take. I have Windows 7 and motherboard : GIGABYTE S775 GA-X38-DQ6.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak View Post
                            The GIGABYTE Technical Support forum is now open and ready for posts!

Please welcome Mr. Janus Yeh from GIGABYTE who will be here to answer your tech questions related to all GIGABYTE products.
                            GA-H55-USB3 V2.0 BIOS Default except ACHI and Fist device=CDROM [other components listed in signature]

I was unable to access BIOS using USB keyboard & mouse that were plugged into the two 3.0 USB ports at the BOTTOM of REAR PANEL.
                            I moved the keyboard & mouse to the USB 2.0 ports at the TOP of REAR PANEL.
                            That worked.

Are the 2 USB 3.0 ports on the rear panel defective?
                            If not what happened?

FYI: 2 different USB mice tried. Several reboots tried. I THINK the Mouse and keyboard worked correctly when they were plugged into the two USB 3.0 ports when Ubuntu 10[live] was running but definitely NOT when trying to invoke DELETE or F12. I used a PS/2 keyboard to set BIOS.
                            Last edited by vienna01; 11-28-2010, 07:32 PM.
                            Ga-Z87X-UD5H, i7-4770K, built in video 16GB RAM, 2100 speed, Auria 27 inch monitor Hackintosh implementation of OSX 10.11 Sound used USB adapter[internal sound doesn't work! Ga-P55a-UD3 i5-560 8GB RAM, r 5770 video, Dell Ultra Monitor, BPN DE110SS Hard Drive Cage, SSD Samsung 840, 500Gb + HDD Windows 10 --P55a is connected to Comcast Router and to WiFi service from another provider[preferred]
                            z87x is connected to Comcast router only --Canon pixma MX922 Canon Laser

Comment

Ahh ok, well good luck on a quick return then!
                              Well I got a superfast return, giga had it back to me within 8 days!! That is 8 total days also not just business days, nicely done gigabyte!

Board is a GA-EX58_UD3R rev 1.0 flashed it with the f11 bios, it is up and running and everything is functioning. Only problem is the built in Realtek 8111D Gigabit LAN, if only it was as fast as the RMA service I received! Currently I am getting a max download speed of around 135-150 KB/s!! I have looked and looked on this forum and did find some advice as to how to go about resolving it but nothing has worked. I updated drivers, adjusted setting in device manager, checked every bios setting I could think of, still no improvement! I have cable internet and have checked my speeds at speedtest.net and they are in line with what service I pay for. Please if any one has a solution to this dial-up speed ethernet problem let me know!

Thanks
                              cip

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                                Please help me with GA-X58A-UD7.
                                All working fine until i send go to sleep mode command in Windows 7 x64. After wake up I see that all ICH10 USB host controllers not working (error code - 24). Then if I do reboot I have BSOD with code 0x1E.

I trying to unplug all USB devices (except keyboard and mouse) - issue still exists.
                                What can you recommend me to do to solve this issue. If you will need additional information - no problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                MB Model : GA-X58A-UD7(rev. 2.0)
                                BIOS Ver : FC6
                                CPU Model : Core i7 950
                                Operation System : Win 7 64-bit
                                Memory Size : 3х4096
                                Power Supply : 1000 W

RAID 1+0 on ICH10 controller (4 WDC HDD x 320 Gb).
                                Used 7 USB ports.
                                All drivers is latest versions from gigabyte site.
                                Is your system 100% tested stable? If not please test, you must be stable in Memtest, prime95, ect to be able to resume from S3 sleep.

What Intel RAID drivers are you using?

Originally posted by elenapam View Post
                                I am trying to install the following.

1) SCSI and RAID controllers :
                                GIGABYTE GBB36X Controller

2) System Devices :
                                Intel(R) X38 Express Chipset PCI Express Root Port - 29E1
                                Intel(R) X38 Express Chipset PCI Express Root Port - 29E9
                                Intel(R) X38 Express Chipset Processor to I/O Controller - 29E0

3) Universal Serial Bus controllers:
                                Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2934
                                Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2935
                                Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2936
                                Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2937
                                Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2938
                                Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2939
                                Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293A
                                Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293C

I got these results from "Driver Agent" which tells me that these drivers are in bad situation or not installed. Please tell what action should I take. I have Windows 7 and motherboard : GIGABYTE S775 GA-X38-DQ6.
                                1. Do you need, or have anything connected to the Purple SATA ports? If not you can disable those in the BIOS and then no drivers will be needed, or you can disable them in device manager. No drivers are needed for these ports unless you have an additional RAID array setup on them, and they should for sure not be used to connect your OS disks to.

2 + 3. Install the latest Intel Chipset drivers from here

Originally posted by vienna01 View Post
                                GA-H55-USB3 V2.0 BIOS Default except ACHI and Fist device=CDROM [other components listed in signature]

I was unable to access BIOS using USB keyboard & mouse that were plugged into the two 3.0 USB ports at the BOTTOM of REAR PANEL.
                                I moved the keyboard & mouse to the USB 2.0 ports at the TOP of REAR PANEL.
                                That worked.

Are the 2 USB 3.0 ports on the rear panel defective?
                                If not what happened?

FYI: 2 different USB mice tried. Several reboots tried. I THINK the Mouse and keyboard worked correctly when they were plugged into the two USB 3.0 ports when Ubuntu 10[live] was running but definitely NOT when trying to invoke DELETE or F12. I used a PS/2 keyboard to set BIOS.
                                Are you on the latest BIOS? Some USB devices just will not work in DOS/BIOS environment, so you may need to use PS/2.

I am not sure at all if the USB 3.0 ports can or should even be used for these intentions, nor have I tested it. You should connect at least your keyboard to a USB 2.0 port, then you shouldn't have any issues.

USB 3.0 is not meant for Keyboard/Mouse, so it's very likely they are not setup to be able to access the BIOS, so your findings may be normal/expected.

Well I got a superfast return, giga had it back to me within 8 days!! That is 8 total days also not just business days, nicely done gigabyte!

Board is a GA-EX58_UD3R rev 1.0 flashed it with the f11 bios, it is up and running and everything is functioning. Only problem is the built in Realtek 8111D Gigabit LAN, if only it was as fast as the RMA service I received! Currently I am getting a max download speed of around 135-150 KB/s!! I have looked and looked on this forum and did find some advice as to how to go about resolving it but nothing has worked. I updated drivers, adjusted setting in device manager, checked every bios setting I could think of, still no improvement! I have cable internet and have checked my speeds at speedtest.net and they are in line with what service I pay for. Please if any one has a solution to this dial-up speed ethernet problem let me know!

Thanks
                                cip
                                Awesome to hear, wow that was fast!!

For your LAN issue, are you on the latest BIOS (Sorry, didn't check)

If not, then please update to the latest BIOS using Qflash and disable "Keep DMI Data" before you flash. Then be sure to load optimized defaults and save/apply/reboot BACK to the BIOS when you are done, then reset your SATA/Disk settings to what you need - and any other settings you wish to adjust.

Comment

Working...
                                X